Notices

Nervous

Old 02-27-2013, 10:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nervous

My husband asked me to have dinner out I'm scared first time help please ?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What is making you nervous Liss? Does he still drink?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Have an iced tea. The refills are usually free. I was scared about failing the first time I went out too, but felt very proud of myself afterwards. Plus it's SO much cheaper!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I haven't been out to a restaurant that serves alcohol yet since I have been sober. The only time I was invited I flat out told my mother I just didn't feel like it yet. And she understood. Unfortunately my sister who was meeting us that was not happy that we changed places last minute. But that is because she still wont admit she is also an alcoholic & doesn't like things changed.
But I understand your worry.
Stay Strong, Im sure he is happy to have you sober!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
now's the time

I've been around alcohol several times since I quit... at restaurants, at parties, people bringing wine over to my place when we hang out. I just make sure at the very beginning to mention to people that I'm not drinking right now. Something about saying it aloud makes me feel accountable. I'm sure if you say at the beginning of the meal, "Yeesh, this is going to be hard, but I'm not going to have any wine" then that will help... I know that on many occasions I've wanted to drink, but since I already made a statement about it, my pride ends up being stronger than the urge and I don't go through with it.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by YouRmySunshine View Post
I haven't been out to a restaurant that serves alcohol yet since I have been sober. The only time I was invited I flat out told my mother I just didn't feel like it yet. And she understood. Unfortunately my sister who was meeting us that was not happy that we changed places last minute. But that is because she still wont admit she is also an alcoholic & doesn't like things changed.
But I understand your worry.
Stay Strong, Im sure he is happy to have you sober!
Yes he is he understand totally just me u know first time I'm fragile
Old 02-28-2013, 01:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I went out for dinner for first time the other night. Just my mum, her husband and I. We had water served, I had a sip. Chat chat. Went back for another sip of water and instinctively reached for the ( empty ) wine glass and upended it to my mouth! Horror , I was trying to skul out of an empty wine glass and we'd just sat down! It was just totally unconscious. I looked about to see if anyone had seen me then just cracked up laughing at myself ! I choose to see the funny side of it. What else are you going to do 😜
After that I looked around the restaurant at who was and was not drinking. I was surprised to notice about a third of them were just on water all night. That made me feel better some how. It took away the feeling of its abnormal to go out for dinner and not have wine - I'm a freak ! Nah I wasn't , I was choosing to do what lots of others were as well. Try it when you get there it might help. And it's just one dinner, a few hours. You know you can do that if you've gone days or weeks without it. Best s
Old 02-28-2013, 01:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liss74 View Post
My husband asked me to have dinner out I'm scared first time help please ?
Wow lil hard entering restaurant but lots of conversation and appletiser DID IT no alcohol yay it was a early night but quality
Old 02-28-2013, 01:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seiceps View Post
I went out for dinner for first time the other night. Just my mum, her husband and I. We had water served, I had a sip. Chat chat. Went back for another sip of water and instinctively reached for the ( empty ) wine glass and upended it to my mouth! Horror , I was trying to skul out of an empty wine glass and we'd just sat down! It was just totally unconscious. I looked about to see if anyone had seen me then just cracked up laughing at myself ! I choose to see the funny side of it. What else are you going to do dde1c
After that I looked around the restaurant at who was and was not drinking. I was surprised to notice about a third of them were just on water all night. That made me feel better some how. It took away the feeling of its abnormal to go out for dinner and not have wine - I'm a freak ! Nah I wasn't , I was choosing to do what lots of others were as well. Try it when you get there it might help. And it's just one dinner, a few hours. You know you can do that if you've gone days or weeks without it. Best s
Yeah so true lol lots of people drinking water omg people do do that haha
Old 02-28-2013, 01:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done liss ! You knocked that first one off. I know that's what I think wow people do that !!??? But ! Figured they prob get to go out for dinners than me Bc damn it's expensive when you throw in a few bottles of wine, special coffees , and the rest 😜 maybe we might be dining out more ! Glad you enjoyed it.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yeah, it's definitely cheaper and less calories. Positives to focus on. At first, I found this challenging. Now, not at all. Just like alcoholism is progressive, so is recovery. Good to know your own limits. Glad it went well.