Notices

Another question

Old 02-27-2013, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another question

I am really trying for recovery this time and I seem to have a lot of questions today. I will go to my first meeting tomorrow night but since you are all here, I wanted your opinion.

In a previous post, I said that my BF told his parents that I have a drinking problem. He and his dad had a long talk about their own drinking. Up until a week or so ago before my BF had surgery he was an every night drinker. He didn't drink to black out but he could hold 1/2 a fifth of vodka pretty will because his tolerance is so high. He has stopped drinking since the surgery because alcohol was making his stomach upset. I told him that I like when he is not drinking. He pays attention to what I say, he doesn't go drunk shopping on the internet, he doesn't pass out in the middle of a show, has lost weight, etc. I think that drinking every night is a problem. But he is determined that he doesn't have a problem.
His father also drinks every night. His father, B, does not think that he has a problem either. B drinks every single night. Not the the extent of blacking out but again he has quite a high tolerance.
My drinking was binge drinking and it got worse and worse and I understand that I'm an alcoholic. But isn't drinking every night, maybe taking a night or two off every month or so, a problem?
Old 02-27-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's up to each one of us to decide whether or not alcohol is causing problems in our lives. If we don't think it is, then it's going to be very hard to change. Hopefully your recovery will be an example for your boyfriend.