Notices

Hi everyone my name is brian and im an addict

Old 02-27-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi everyone my name is brian and im an addict

Hi everyone I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Brian and drugs have take over my life on a way I don't even know where it all began. Def In high school smoking pot and experimenting with any drug I could get just to try it out and if I liked it I'd do it every now and then but in high school I was more of a drinker and a cig smoker. I couldn't really afford drugs back then. I cleaned up my act when I joined the navy when I was 18. I served for 5 years and stayed 100% drug free although I still drank allot. I got out the navy and started college and then I broke my nose and had rhinoplasty, it's basically where they fix your nose and the deviated septum. I got pain pills for the pain and started feeling really good, then I got some more and some more and some more. Then I was introduced to a guy that had really good blow and I stared doing 20$ a day of blow for a year and by that time it was counting me 200$ a day to keep my addiction fed, I stopped making my car payments cause I needed my drugs. Then I dropped out of college in 2012 which was the last semester of my college years and I didn't graduate. I have 9 units left to graduate but they won't even let me back in the school now Cause I f'ed up so bad. I stayed on drugs but dropped the blow because I could not afford it any more. Then I started doing crystal and Xanax, Norcos, & morphines to come down and sleep. I'm on that same path right now but I am a functioning addict I have a great Job but no one can tell high all day because the drugst make me focus and I work on computers so it's a tweaker job anyway so that's my cover. The love of my life is an alcoholic/addict she's addicted to Xanax and Benadryl to sleep. She knows nothing about
My addictions cause I'm totally able to hide it. She entered inpatient rehab a week ago and is getting clean and sober. Her case manager called me yesterday and wants me there this Sunday for therapy sessions and groups so I can be support for my girlfriend. What do I do? Do I just stop ally drugs right now and detox until Sunday so when I go to therapy at her recovery center I am sober and clean and clear and then just use AA? I'm so confused and I'm emotional and feeling unstable right now. Please if anyone had any thing to say please say it. I have an ops. Mind but I do need help. Thanks for listening

Brian

image-3355003737.jpg
Old 02-27-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No one can tell you what you should do Brian but you have options here. One possibility is coming clean to your girlfriend and her case manager. I can understand why you're in panic mode right now but maybe that's because really now would be the best time to be honest. Your partner is only one week into her treatment... maybe you could go into treatment too? Have you spoken to a doctor about what would be the best plan for detox for you?