Notices

I'm still here!!!!

Old 02-27-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm still here!!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know I am still around and to thank all of you for your support!!!!

I ended up having to take the meds the doctors prescribed. After, 3 doctors, 4 AA, meetings, and people on here telling me I needed to listen to my doctor I finally caved in and did it.

The people at AA were great but they could see how bad I was and advised that I see a doctor. And that was a four different AA Locations.

I started off with ativan along with Celexa. I believe ativan should be used in a detox situation in the first couple days but not 30 days later with someone like me who has PAWS. It only has a half life of about 4 to 6 hours and then you feel the withdrawal come back. So after two weeks I asked my doctor to switch me to Valium. I was started on 30mg. I went into withdrawal from the Ativan for about 5 days which was hell but the Valium has now helped and I am down to 12mg and have been tapering off of it ever 3 or 4 days by 1.5mg.

I have also been on Celexa at a therapeutic level for 3 weeks, prior to that I started off on 5 for a week and then 10 for a week, 20 for 2 weeks, and now 30mg. I am hoping that the Celexa will taking over for the Valium.

By no means do I advocate taking any meds if you don't have too. But if you start having thoughts of not wanting to live, you need to get to a doctor!!! AA is a great place, but I was to bad for it to help me at the stage I was at. Once, or if I start wanting that drink again I will be back.

I had to get away from here for a while because it started getting to hard for me to talk about what was going on anymore. I feel really good now and have been for the past two weeks. I pray to God it lasts.

One quick story about God. I lost my faith about 10 years ago in God. It's funny how when you are at your lowest you start asking for his help. Anyway, I decided to make an appointment with a doctor about what was going on with me. I was going to have to wait a week and I was in real bad shape. I ended up going to church, it was on a Monday. No one was in the church and I broke down asking God to Guide me. What ever he thinks I should do I will do it. I didn't want to go to this doctor because I knew she was going to tell me I had to take the meds.

The second I walked out of the church my phone buzzed and it was the doctor making a special appointment for me telling me I needed to get in there right away to see her, a week was too long to wait.

Thank you all for everything!!!!!!

I will be back around again in a couple few weeks to check in!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Hey Bob,

Glad you're choosing the right path buddy.

Natom.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just edited this post because I want to make it clear, for some people like me, I am sensitive to meds. The way I took the Celexa, I started off on 5mg for 1 week, then 10mg, for 1 week, then 20mg for two weeks, now on 30 for one week. The therapeutic level of Celexa is 20mg. It takes some people 4 to 6 weeks to start feeling the effects. So I really have only been on it for 3 weeks, but the hopelessness feeling has gone!!!!

The best to all of you!!!!

And give God a chance. I am no religious fanatic now, but I do believe God has helped me. I was driving in the car one day going through this crap and thinking. If there was a God, why is it that when I am in such pain talking to him he doesn't show himself to me or talk back to me? WOW, that's all I would have needed is to start hearing voices, or seeing things. I would have really gone nuts!!! I believe that is why he doesn't talk to us or show himself. And he gives us free will, so we are the ones that messed up our bodies, not him!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you're doing okay now Bob x
Old 02-27-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Hi Bob,

So very proud of you...and now with what you have learned, you will be able to help the next poster with a problem similar to yours.

......and so it goes, continuing to pass on knowledge from experience.

Please do keep us posted!

Stay Strong/Stay Sober
Trix
Old 03-04-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Bob,

Hope you are still doing well! Thinking of you!

Trix
Old 03-04-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Keep it up Bob, everybody here seems to be proud of you.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you so much Trix and JC! Today I am down to 9 mg broke up 3 times a day from 30 with the Valium. I want off of that stuff and I know it's bad but it was the only way I could cope with what was going on.

I can feel things getting a little edgy, I will slow down on the taper a little if it gets to bad. I have been cutting ever 3 days.

I am going to keep taking the 30mg Celexa as I think it is helping and will also help me seal with the Anxiety if it comes back like it was before. God I hope so! Ether way, I know I have to get off of the Valium.

Thanks again guys!