Notices

Alone

Old 02-26-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alone

I feel so alone I thought when I drank this happened well it did at the end of drinking such a horrible feeling can't communicate with my husband only did that drunk I'm so isolated is this ever going to go away I feel dead inside
Old 02-26-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes it will. The longer you stay sober the better it gets. I promise! But you have to reach out to people that are just like you and understand you. That's why I joined this forum today! There is nothing that can compare to one addict understanding another!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Liss, try to find ways to reach out to other people in a positive way. I was feeling really lonely and sad last weekend. I joined a fitness class this week and it made me feel so much better. There's another thread going on exactly like what you are saying now, about feeling lonely. It will get better in time.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Here: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...95-lonely.html
Old 02-27-2013, 02:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's horrible to feel so isolated Liss, but I swear down that at least 80% of it is just the booze. The addicted side of you wants you isolated and makes it feel like you can't function without it. Being sober helps as does getting out there and connecting with people, even just a little bit. It's takes a while sober, you just need time to adjust. I felt isolated early on because I found it hard to be with my friends who drank a lot, but I went to AA instead and that helped me feel like I wasn't alone x
Old 02-28-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yep hypochondriac is right! Your head is out to kill your ass! That's the disease talking.