Update both good and bad

Old 02-26-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update both good and bad

HI guys, its been a few weeks since I posted and needed some cheering up....so I am now officially on stress leave from work because my dad's leukemia is no longer treatable and the docs have said in their prof. opinion there is about a month left....so I spend as much time as I can with the one good man left in my life, the one who never hurt or deserted me, the one who understood what unconditional love meant and lived by that with both his wife and children....and now God is taking him away from me! So last Sun I was in a happy mood because my father had bought my sister and I bon jovi concert tix for Christmas and we were getting ready to go to the concert that night, at 10:30 am my cell phone rang and it was xabf....he was hammered and slurring (so obviously he'd been up all night drinking and prob doing cocaine) and he says how are you? I said ok, he said so I've heard you've moved on (I was seeing someone but don't think its gonna work out) and I said I don't want to talk about this with you and I asked how he'd been doing (I have not talked to him on the phone in 4 months since we broke up Nov. 2nd) and he then said I'm good, just sitting here with Lorna and I said who? And he said just sitting here with Lorna...so I said ok goodbye and hung up. At this point my anger got the best of me and I sent him texts telling how mean that was and how I never did anything but love him blah blah blah.....well no response. Its been more than a week since the call but bc I am home and angry at the world I keep wanting to text him and I did yesterday and of course no response so today I did the best thing I could think of and what I should have done long ago....I called my cell provider and blocked him from texting or calling and myself from sending him texts....it has taken 4 months for me to do this but I don't need to hear from him anymore and he doesn't need me texting him....it is over, he is not coming back and now I don't want him back, he has known about dad's battle with cancer bc we were together when he was diagnosed and Ive texted him to tell him the prognosis and he has not once called to see how I was so I am finally ready to let him go....I know from his old boss that he is notorious for breaking up with someone and then contacting them again in the future, well I'm now taking steps to make sure he cannot. Let him live that oh so desirable life of his going to bars at 42 years old, getting hammered and doing coke, picking up young girls, and living pay cheque to pay cheque (until he loses his job) I'm done, my focus has dramatically shifted and I am focusing on the time I have left with my Dad and my family. Just wanted you all to know. Thanks for listening. Hugs.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh Brokenrose sending you hugs lady! You did the right thing with the blocking - you don't need that stress. Your Dad is the most important thing right now. I went through this very thing last year losing my Daddy to Prostrate Cancer - AH and I were split and he could have cared less. We had been together 13 years. They can't support themselves - they certainly can't support us. Hard lesson huh? I am here to listen or vent or whatever you need - my last 2 weeks with my Daddy have such special memories or us spending time together. I am sending you and your Daddy love and strength and hugs-
Old 02-26-2013, 11:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

RedheadedSusie, thanks so much for your kindness, it is awful watching the Rock in your life so sick and we are so helpless....I wish you peace and strength too I have been reading your posts, Im so sorry for what you are going through...if you didn't already know, my exhusband prior to my relationship with xabf is putting me through hell in our pending divorce and he has been gone for over 2 years and he wasn't a drinker or an addict....who knows...just tough times all around. Pm me whenever you need to, you seem so nice. Good luck!
Old 02-26-2013, 12:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dear brokenrose, I am sincerely sorry that your Dad is ill. What a blessing that you are able to take the time to spend these days with him. I hope and pray your Dad is not in pain, and I pray that you find continued strength. I will not even speak to the exBF situation, he is inconsequential right now. Stay focused on loving your Dad. Prayers and Hugs.