Notices

Okay, that's it!

Old 02-25-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lightbulb Okay, that's it!

I guess I really should stop drinking now. I usually drink a bottle of Chimay every day, then on the weekends about 6 beers or so on fri/sat.

So last night at about 12am was my last bottle of Chimay, but I didn't drink it all as I had fallen asleep, but I had 6 beers throughout the day beforehand.

Anyways, I'm 29, male, work full time and try and workout 3 days a week.

I've been through withdrawal about 3 or so times before, usually it is worst for me day 1. Day 1 always of course is a Monday, I always think "New week to start quitting!" And then fails miserably on Friday or Saturday.

Typically Monday night is really annoying, insomnia, weird dreams, and seeing things at night. Nothing that freaks me out though. I already had a slight flu symptom earlier today but that cleared up. Once I started really reading about alchohol withdrawals and other people's stories, that freaked me out enough to stop the damage I'm doing to my body.

So it's 12am now, next 6 hours are not gonna be fun. I'll be groggy at work today, but that should clear up around noon once I get a good lunch in. Here's hoping my withdrawal this week doesn't get too bad and I'm 100% on Friday. I'll probably check in Saturday night. If I can hold off from drinking on Saturday, that will give me enough motivation and happiness to pretty much stop drinking for good.

Thanks for reading. I just ate a bunch of asparagus and drank lots of water, finally some good stuff for my liver!

Oh yeah, I've also had Tinnitus since it randomly occurred when I was 22j. It ALWAYS spikes during withdrawal. When I first got Tinnitus I was pretty freaked out for the first two weeks, but I managed to overcome that and now I rarely ever notice it. Anyone else have Tinnitus?
Old 02-25-2013, 09:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR TheSparrow

I thought it would be over in a week too but actually it was a pretty long road for me - don't hesitate to post and read here as much as you need to

D
Old 02-25-2013, 09:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I have tinnitus and have had it for years. I sleep with a fan that creates white noise and also a sound machine that plays white sound.

I also have an air purifier in my living area and the sound helps drown out the tinnitus.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Welcome Sparrow! You describe a really common cycle of drinking. I was in that pattern for years. Drink heavily on the weekend. Feel like crap Sunday and be miserable at work. Don't drink for a couple of nights because I feel so sick. Day 5 feel great after not drinking for days. So great that I went out and drank on Friday again. Repeat Saturday and start the whole thing all over again. I feel monstrously stupid for doing that for decades. Not to mention that the weekend pattern was the early years. Later years it was more like every other day and feeling much worse in the mornings.

FYI there is a thread here each weekend now to help people get through the weekends as they are very hard for a lot of us. Thanks to Weasel who started the new tradition, and to those that keep it going. Hopefully we'll see you there
Old 02-25-2013, 09:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by Received View Post
Welcome to SR. I have tinnitus and have had it for years. I sleep with a fan that creates white noise and also a sound machine that plays white sound.

I also have an air purifier in my living area and the sound helps drown out the tinnitus.
Yup I sleep with a fan too. But I've always liked a fan blowing on me when I sleep ever since I was in high school.

Originally Posted by FreeFall View Post
Welcome Sparrow! You describe a really common cycle of drinking. I was in that pattern for years. Drink heavily on the weekend. Feel like crap Sunday and be miserable at work. Don't drink for a couple of nights because I feel so sick. Day 5 feel great after not drinking for days. So great that I went out and drank on Friday again. Repeat Saturday and start the whole thing all over again. I feel monstrously stupid for doing that for decades. Not to mention that the weekend pattern was the early years. Later years it was more like every other day and feeling much worse in the mornings.

FYI there is a thread here each weekend now to help people get through the weekends as they are very hard for a lot of us. Thanks to Weasel who started the new tradition, and to those that keep it going. Hopefully we'll see you there
Yup, same here. Would feel amazing on Friday, then of course I would relapse thru the weekend, I would need a drink on Monday to help deal with the hangover and to help me sleep. Ugh, definitely gets old.

I also noticed that my hangovers were gradually becoming worse and worse.