Decompressing

Old 02-25-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Decompressing

I'm going to keep this brief today as I am still decompressing!

AD has moved out. That's right, she out, and there is no turning back.

She will be over every other weekend to see the grandkids, probably just grandson Johnathan.

Granddaughter Alexandria got her driver's license two weeks ago and her dad gave her the minivan. She landed her first job waitressing on the weekends at a country club.

She also got her letter of acceptance into the nursing program at Pratt Community College (35 miles west of me). Most of her classes will be online. Of course she will have to do her clinicals in person. I am so stinking proud of her!

I am enjoying the quiet house. I decided to change the aquarium setup, and went with crushed coral instead of the colored glass pebbles, added a snail, and added 5 ghost shrimp yesterday.

Johnny's betta, Jonah is digging the new pad for sure, and the cool thing is the aquarium is in my bedroom because Johnathan wanted to keep his fish at my house. It is so relaxing and calming, and I'm glad I got back into keeping an aquarium.

Can you see the ghost shrimp in this picture?

We are getting our second big snow storm of the winter, with my county in a blizzard warning till 6am Tuesday. I'm enjoying being snowed in with my zoo crew!

I'll update more later. For now it's time for the furkids' supper, and then we are going to lay around watching tv like a bunch of lazy bums!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

To me, gazing at the fish is a good way to decompress! Thanks for the update!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

I saw a news clip recently after one of the hurricanes and they were interviewing this woman who had a load of garbage (wet carpet, furniture, etc...) in front of her otherwise beautifully manicured home and garden. The garbage crew was backed up because of all the extra trash that the hurricane damage generated.

Anyway, the news person asked her how she felt about the garbage. She said, "Well it's unsightly, but it's nothing that will keep me from moving forward." The newsperson was speechless because she expected the woman to rant and rave about the garbage pile, but the woman chose not to focus on the garbage...knowing (I assume) that she had no control over when it would be picked up.

For some reason the scenario reminded me of my life. The garbage, no control over it, etc. and I thought I am going to ask myself every day if I am moving forward, in spite of the garbage I do not control. I do and it really helps me focus on what's important to me. So much of my life is not garbage.

Getting an aquarium is the next thing on my list....
Old 02-25-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your babies😻