Notices

Clearing up my mind

Old 02-25-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Clearing up my mind

I've finally made up my mind to quit drinking after about 7 or so years. I'm currently on Naltrexone and attending counseling sessions once a week. I'm also taking Lexapro for anxiety and depression which got really bad towards the end when I was drinking. I know alcohol was a HUGE contributing factor which helped me decide to quit drinking. It's been a rough ride, but I'm slowly getting there a day at a time. So far I've been sober for 9 days and also decided to quit smoking as well. I drank to smoke and smoked to drink as odd as that may sound. For me they went hand in hand.

I never would have thought that I would be posting something like this in a million years, but here I am I wish everybody the best on their road to recovery. Here's to a bright and sober future!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR birdistheword

Drinking and smoking went hand in hand for me too, so I also quit them both at the same time. Well done on 9 days! x
Old 02-25-2013, 12:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you very much for the warm welcome

I'm new to this forum thing and so far this is pretty cool. It's awesome to see that there are so many people in the same boat that are willing to help each other.

Thanks for the congrats as well!