Notices

So tired of feeling BLAH....

Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So tired of feeling BLAH....

I am just so tired of the struggle to feel better. Sober one week now. Just so tired of feeling blah......... Even when I was sober for months I felt blah a lot of the time.

I am on anti-depressants and have a history with depression. I got some more blood work done and I am going to have the doc take a look at it AGAIN to see if there is something else she can try on me.

I just want to enjoy life more! Thanks for listening.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

For me, having the "blahs" beats the heck out of the self loathing, remorse, anxiety, guilt, fear and shame I felt every morning after drinking the day/night before. A mixture of terror and horror was a constant in my life when I was drinking.

Given all that, BLAH to me is a win.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Feeling blah is no fun...I have to admit to feeling "down"/blah on some days. This week I'm trying to commit to remembering how I felt the day after my last drinking binge. This seems to lift my mood a bit, not a perfect answer, but for me it helps.
Hope your Dr. visit provides answers and we all know alcohol is not the answer for us.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Received View Post
For me, having the "blahs" beats the heck out of the self loathing, remorse, anxiety, guilt, fear and shame I felt every morning after drinking the day/night before. A mixture of terror and horror was a constant in my life when I was drinking.

Given all that, BLAH to me is a win.
Very true - Good reminder, thanks.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bloss View Post
Feeling blah is no fun...I have to admit to feeling "down"/blah on some days. This week I'm trying to commit to remembering how I felt the day after my last drinking binge. This seems to lift my mood a bit, not a perfect answer, but for me it helps.
Hope your Dr. visit provides answers and we all know alcohol is not the answer for us.
Perfect response. So true. How quickly I forgot. Thanks
Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Precious, know so much how you feel, day three for me now so starting to feel 'human' again and that scares me a bit because i know there will be those moments ahead when i dont feel on top of the world about being sober and let life stuff get to me. But although i too hate those 'blah' days. I know there will be happy days ahead too.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Couple of things occur to me.

It takes a while for the anti-depressants to kick in. It took over a month for me. Even then they're not supposed to make you happy and cheery all the time - just pull you out of depression.

Maybe the blah thing comes about because you were relying on alcohol to give you the 'up' times in life. When you're sober you have to make those 'up' situations another way.

Lot's of times I'll use music that lifts me up and makes me want to jump around - I can't really call what I do dancing. LOL
Old 02-25-2013, 03:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Even sober people have blah days. If you have a history with depression then it's good to look at what can help you with that, but in the mean time try and find little things that will cheer you up a little. I wrote a list in early sobriety of things l could do which took like half and hour maybe, which I would see as a reward or just a nice thing to do. It helped to avoid thinking I was missing out all the time x
Old 02-26-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Powerless Member

Question Same Here!

Same here so tired of feeling blah.. Sober Blah or Drunk Blah it's getting in my head I'd rather be a better person feeling sober blah then next morning trying to fill in the blanks blah.
I too am new to this site trying to pan it all out.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by powerlesssj View Post
Same here so tired of feeling blah.. Sober Blah or Drunk Blah it's getting in my head I'd rather be a better person feeling sober blah then next morning trying to fill in the blanks blah.
I too am new to this site trying to pan it all out.
Hi,
Well I think i am now newer than you. I drank last night Dumb Dumb Dumb!

Everyone here is so wonderful though. Thank you for your response PL.