Notices

Hallucinations

Old 02-23-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hallucinations

Does anyone know what counts as a alcohol withdrawal hallucination? When I close my eyes and fall asleep, you know that middle ground, I see what looks someone is trying to chat with me online. The letters are garbled, though
Old 02-23-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

If it's enough to have you concerned, I think it's enough to have it checked out John.
Be safe.

D
Old 02-23-2013, 10:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If it persists, I will. This happens when I i'm not going through AWS as well. Thanks. Tomorrow whether I should go inpatient. It's going to be expensive. Hopefully things won't worse but will call my Doctor tomorrow and his opinion. Lost 20pounds since my October checkup. Either this my diet and exercise, or indicative of something worse. Haven't this thin since college years ago.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Do check with the Doc. Probably the most you'll lose is the cost of a phone call.
As for the cost of treatment - lifes pretty precious, y'know?

wishing you the best JD

D
Old 02-24-2013, 12:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have asked this a few times. I have went though withdraw a few times and I have never had what people call a hallucination (bugs on the wall). I have had what you are describing but for me its random images. This is not a vivid dream because I was not asleep. Just eyes were closed. I have had very vivid dreams especially when taking melatonin to help with sleep and it was not that.

I have read on the board about people also describing it. Like said above though if you are worried check with a DR. or an on call nurse.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I will it persists. They probably care and deal with Cobra later. In withdrawal, I hear voice, but when I near fat was on. I didn't that of at the time, but the stimulus for brain hyperactivity could the hall door beginning open. In event, carefully monitoring what is happening and will go if things get worse Vitals are good Tremor better rehydrating We lose water at night
And now in front of new keyboard I'm familiar with, plagued typos, sorry. Hall door was open I that light provided the illiminaton for the stimulation -- or possibly could have. I had first auditory hallucination under a ceiling fan, scared me the first but it went a way in a day.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I will. I read some articles for it make sense of what I'm groutgh
Thanks for your concern.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

my sister told me to be careful how quickly and deadly DT develops and can be; have the ready for 911 . I'm awaiting the input from Dr. right now
Old 02-24-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I had hallucinations in the hospital during the first two nights. That was over a year ago and none since. I thought the fire sprinkler on the ceiling was moving from point to point in the room. I don't think I could have detoxed at home. In patient was what I needed. Good luck and hang in there.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Please take care John and seek medical advice as soon as possible...
Old 02-24-2013, 08:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please do call 911 John if you are concerned. I hope you feel better.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.

Wrote down all my symptoms, he's going to want to see me before he prescribed anything for me any benzo state law requires it. I have one left from October for tonight! Been saving in case ever did something stupid like this. I hate that scorn on Drs. when I ask them for this kind of help.

I have no fear I knew last night that the pictures were an illusion as the bugs that appeared on my bedroom this afternoon, I closed my eyes said a prayer twice and they left, but did I walk up to them to check because we have winter infestation of ugly bugs every day I kill 3 daily (after killing 30 of them in my guest room -- probably the source illusion.) Also this afternoon the audio stuff has grown -- every motor that I walk inside (Fridge Dishwasher, Stovetop Fan, and the random sound of loud truck noises bring the sound a radio some silly) I have one for tonight!)
My BP and pulse are considered normal, so only they jump will go Er.

Thanks for encouragement

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Do check with the Doc. Probably the most you'll lose is the cost of a phone call.
As for the cost of treatment - lifes pretty precious, y'know?

wishing you the best JD

D
Old 02-24-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

After a long binge a had similar hallucinations. I think it is very common. It was mostly eyes closed stuff. Like seeing an image of an old man's face. I remember waking up in the middle of the night and staring at my closet because it looked like someone was in there. Really scary actually.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

If Dr. wants to commit me, I might want to find to see someone else. I can't control whatever tremors I get, but I think I know what's happening to me. If the meds are prescribed at right level I need for at least two days at work, I'll come and see him and he can evaluate. I've heard sounds from fans and motors once before, they went away pretty quickly without med. I went through basic AWD last year, not him but another Dr., she wanted to be stay a week. I undertand "kindling" effect. I guess I'll see how tonight it goes and make determination in the morning. Let you know.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

First, If you are having these while walking .... please see a doctor.

In cases where a person seeing things move right instantly when a person JUST WOKEN UP is normal in SOME people. The body wakes up before the brain does. I had this since childhood. Alcohol, stress, weightloss and melatonin increase it because the nightmares get transferred into reality.