Notices

Hi im new here

Old 02-21-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi im new here

Hi im mew to this site. I was sober for over 3 years. But ive startrd useing drugs pain meds to get thru my life., now I find myself wanting to drink again. I really dont know how all this started again. I want to stop and dont want to stop at the same time, aint that crazy.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey krazynoklahoma

I think it's normal to be a little ambivalent....I hated what my life had become, but the thought of changing it was scary too...

You'll find a ton of support encouragement and ideas here - welcome!

D
Old 02-21-2013, 09:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Bad Idea

Originally Posted by krazynoklahoma View Post
Hi im mew to this site. I was sober for over 3 years. But ive startrd useing drugs pain meds to get thru my life., now I find myself wanting to drink again. I really dont know how all this started again. I want to stop and dont want to stop at the same time, aint that crazy.
Hi Crazy, Think it through my friend. The ends are always the same jails, institutions and death. 7 jails for me, 14 institutions and 2 suicide attempts.

There is nothing good waiting in that bottle. I am also a recovering addict. let me know if you want to talk about narcotics anonymous. God Bless You! I feel ya!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, I know it is a really bad idea too. And i know ive been thru the jails 6 times,mental hosp,4 times treatment 4 times as well. and 1 suicide attempt.
It seems everything is overwhelming all the time anymore. I need to get to meetings again. I'm afraid to tell my husband these feelings and thoughts ive been having. He hasnt been to supportive.
Im scared wnd unsure about things right now.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome krazy!

I think we're all susceptible to abusing anything mind-altering and it always seems to be progressive once we start. I think it's great that you're seeing the path ahead and are deciding you want to do something about it. It's no fun fighting those cravings - glad you're here!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the fourm please be sure to check the stickys if things get too bad to handle w/o professional support. We all want you back here tommorow.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ease-read.html
Old 02-22-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I need to get to meetings again. I'm afraid to tell my husband these feelings and thoughts ive been having. He hasnt been to supportive.
Yah meetings are where you are gonna find your support. Just walk through your fear and get to one. You don't have to say anything but just go and try to listen. You can pretty much slip in and out unnoticed and when you are comfortable raise your hand when they ask if anyone is new. Then folks will come up and welcome you. There are so many people coming through the doors of AA it's hard to know who is new anymore.

It'll be ok.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Pleased to meet you, Krazy. This is a great place for encouragement and support. I think you'll like us. You aren't alone anymore - well all get you and want to help.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks, I know it is a really bad idea too. And i know ive been thru the jails 6 times,mental hosp,4 times treatment 4 times as well. and 1 suicide attempt.
It seems everything is overwhelming all the time anymore. I need to get to meetings again. I'm afraid to tell my husband these feelings and thoughts ive been having. He hasnt been to supportive.

The meetings will save your life. Get back to them whether your husband is supportive or not.

I was suicidal in the late 1980's. We don't have to be that way. The 12 Steps will lead you back to sanity.

All the best.

Bob R