Notices

People who need people

Old 02-21-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

People who need people

Today I try to allow my higher power to run my life . I try mind you.

I spend a good part of my day in prayer and meditation seeking God .

I have a lot of peace today .

I have more faith today than I have ever had in my life .

However my sponsor says God speaks through other people and I do believe that but I don't like reaching out to other people .

So I feel like I haven't been giving God a chance to work through other people in my life .

I go to about 5-7 meetings a week and I hear a lot of good stuff .

But I have been quite defiant actually lately . I like to encourage people but for me to ask for help, No Way! .

Truth is my life is pretty good today and I have lived a really rough life I hit a very low bottom and today I am so grateful for where I am at , that it is really hard to complain about anything at all in my life .

I mean I was in a nursing home very ill and in a diaper 1 yr 7 mo ago. I am all better. What do I have to complain about to other women in recovery about . I know it's not about just a lot of whining. It's about fellowship and support.

Maybe it's a self esteem thing. I am afraid they are gonna say come on over and bake some cookies or something.

I am not a girly girl, I don't cook, bake, knit, have tupperware parties lol.

I really think my biggest issue at this very moment is allowing women to get close to me and how do I work that out if I don't let women get close to me .

I was a complete loner when drinking so having women friendships is really weird. I was a bar drinker with the guys .

I suppose I will never know what God has in store for me if I don't trust him and walk through my fear to seek help from other women in recovery .

So even though I am not willing today, I am willing to pray for the willingnness and if I know God like I think I know God, he will bring me to that place of willingness .
Old 02-21-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Recovery is a process and we have to go through the process.

I was at a 2nd Step table this morning and the total recovery time of those (7) at the table was about 125 yrs. We are all working on recovery no matter how long you have been in AA.

The oldtimers told me "Keep coming back, it gets better" ...... and it does.

I go to 5-6 meetings a week as well. Yes, God does work through people.

All the best.

Bob R