Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Weekend checkin Feb 21-24 - early for our Midwest snowed in friends

Notices

Old 02-21-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Our US midwest friends are getting snowed in today so a weekend thread for them today may be helpful!

My mind has slipped many times today into thinking this was Friday.

I have a sense of excitement this weekend because my sober voice is screaming at all the things i want to do and has to wait one more day.

That's a great feeling. That sense of excitement has not been there for a while. At least for good stuff.

So I am starting this a bit early I know. But I want to share my energy and get you all with me in this.

Nonsensical started last weeks thread. I joined and there were lots of good ideas and comments. I especially liked the bacon sculpting idea!

My drug dealer has tried several times this past week to get me. I called my phone company and got a blocking program. I entered all his numbers so I cannot be reached. He gets a blocked message. Best $5 bucks I ever spent.

I have a special doctors appointment Thursday that is about my liver. I want the best test possible. If not... Well... That's not an option. The next steps get scary. So buck it up buttercup.

Sober Thursday. Sober Friday. Sober Saturday. Sober Sunday. Yes I can!

K
Old 02-21-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by weasel1966
My drug dealer has tried several times this past week to get me. I called my phone company and got a blocking program. I entered all his numbers so I cannot be reached. He gets a blocked message. Best $5 bucks I ever spent.
Oh hell yes...takin' out the trash. Nice!

Yep, it's almost Friday! Yay!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

You're going to start thinking I never work at all, but - I have another 3-day weekend! This week I have Friday off, and Ken received my telekinetic message to start the weekend thread a day early.

What am I doing this weekend? Laying the tile Mrs Nonsensical painstakingly picked out last weekend. Fortunately it's only a 10 X 12 room, so it should not be too difficult to complete in 3 days. Running a wet saw is even kinda fun.

I also bought a backpack shop vac this week, and it's still in the box. Gonna break that out and get the wood shop nice and clean. I'll probably terrorize my dogs with it, too. :0

Then I'll be hoping the weekend never ends because I am committing myself to starting an exercise routine on Monday. I am in no condition to exercise. Bacon-wrapped Motrin, anyone?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nice move Weasel!!! Good job!
Hang tough our Midwest friends....looks like a crazy weather weekend ahead!

I just got released from the hospital this morning after a small heart surgery that went really well and I am feeling good today~just a little tired, so I have already started my weekend !

it was so good to go in to the surgery sober and feels really, really good to come out the other side successfully and clear-headed!!!
Now I am trying to beat the nicotine demon...what better time than now, eh!!! :-)

Gonna chill this weekend, reflect on some "hearts desires" things for myself now that I have cleared a path to that both literally and figuratively, and get ready for my new next chapter! Life is sometimes hard, but it is also full of choices....thank God for the power to choose!

Wishing you all joy, peace and the power of choice this weekend!! xoxo
Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good luck with your test results Weasel!! Sending out some good mojo to you!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Weasel!
What a wonderful idea to start the weekend thread early for the people stuck inside from all the snow! What a big heart you have
I know you guy's are all gonna be hate'n, but we are moving the refridge out to clean underneath lol! Having three cats, it looks like a horror movie under there.
Still beats hung over and sick, ashamed of who I called the night before, and having my loved ones heart broken yet again.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm going down to one of the barrier islands this Saturday (unless we get ice and snow) to my daughter's house....she and her hubster are painting and finishing up a project where they vaulted the ceiling and made a loft after they got a new roof...post Hurricane Sandy.

Mama Fandy will be bringing 5 lbs of homemade oven roasted Caesar chicken wings...I will wash and trim them tonight, then toss in ziplock bags, marinate in caesar dressing and hot sauce....and she wants me to bring her lox/bagels too.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

YUM Fandy!!!!! Be careful in that weather!!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hahahaha Heather!! I did that a couple of weeks ago! I only have one kitty, but I swear every toy he owns and a bag of food was under there!! :-)
Old 02-21-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

sounds yummy Fandy

I'm off to a health spa for 4 days. can't wait.

Have a great weekend everyone
Old 02-21-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oooh I wish I had a mama Fandy to bring me wings!

I am seeing my mum tomorrow but as she'll have been working down in London all day then I'll prob cook her a tea to come home to.

No plans yet for Saturday but on Sunday I'm going on a Segway rally thingie with my son... Not sure how to describe it other than it's one of those things Mall Cop rides on in the film but outside and muddy - I don't know whether I'm excited or anxious!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I'm going to take the day off tomorow so i can do a full SR weekend ..

I'm sure weekends were a lot shorter back in the old days when i used to drink and before i found the weasel weekender on SR .

Bestwishes, M
Old 02-21-2013, 12:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I bet way back in the old days, Mecanix, you walked to school both ways uphill? Maybe walked through 4 feet of snow.

Well here in the USA weekends start just a wee early and last maybe a wee longer.

And you have my permission to take the day off. You deserve it!

Better you stumbled on the weasel weekender instead of the weasel bender.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good luck with the liver test Weasel. Fingers crossed for you. xx
Old 02-21-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Have a super time RAL
Old 02-21-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

My area is minutes away from the start of snowpocalypse. It would actually be nice to take tomorrow off from work and stay cozy at home. But I think I've mentioned in another thread that I've completely used every single one of my PTO days during a 6 week bender in the beginning of this year. That was pretty stupid of me.

Just hoping to get to bed at a decent time and get up at 4am to start digging out and head to work. It usually takes 2 hours to snowblow my long driveway after a blizzard. This sucks. But it's manageable because I'm not a drunken mess.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks MTN. hope you have a good one too

Hope everyone affected by snow stays safe
Old 02-21-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I failed the last 2 weekend threads. But not this weekend. Gonna make sure I'm not by myself is the best thing I think. Was expecting my sister last weekend but she dent come. "Decided" just to go home myself. Ended up in the shop at 10 in the morning buying a litre of vodka. A) I rarely drank vodka b) never found myself in an off license buying alcohol in the morning. Somehow I had the sense not to drive there too. God what an awful weekend last weekend was! Utter despair and hopelessness. Never again. But on that cheery note. Bring on the sober weekend. Yay!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

YEAH!!! The weekend thread.....I've been waiting all week for this to start!!

Here in Indy, it'll be more of an ice event rather than a snow event. I despise ice....yuck. It makes you go slippy-slidy with no control.

Weasel - I'd be happy to send you $$$$ as a reward for the $5 you spent!!! Excellent idea. Best of luck on your liver test.

Wish me luck tomorrow....I have an interview!! It's not until 1pm so I'm hoping the roads have been de-iced by then.

No other plans except for my normal Friday, Saturday & Sunday AA meetings.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Easy rider.... There is no such thing as failure in the world of addiction. We stand together and if you happen to drink the very fact you are here means you are still working at it. Glad you are here.

Sober Fallon... Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Night everyone!