Notices

hello, new here

Old 02-21-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello, new here

I am a heavy beer drinker (8-10 pints per day), I have been sober for 4 days now. I have a health problem regarding itching, any one can indicate me were I can post it?
Old 02-21-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's odd--I have been itching like crazy, too. Mainly my back, chest, and stomach. I just passed 30 days sober, and the itching started two weeks ago. Maybe it's a side effect. I haven't talked to my doctor, because I never did confess to him how much I drank or smoked. Maybe you can ask the doctor for us! Try asking on the "Alcoholics" thread.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smile

Itching is a symptom of alcohol withdrawal. Nothing to worry about, it is just your liver doing its job of ridding itself of toxins. Take a nice warm bath with Epson salts and apply a moisturizer afterwards, and drink lots of water to help flush the toxins out.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks a lot, Odelle!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Odelle, hi Gilmer

Odelle, is it normal to have very small red bumps on my arms, legs, lower neck and stomach? I have had these for nearly 2 weeks. I have talked to the doctor and said it was eczema. I think like you that it might be my body disintoxificating from histamine. My "allergy" started while I was drinking, I was on cheap beer. Anyone can help me?
Old 02-21-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had a horrible one too..

I've been coming on and off and about a month ago broke out in red hives. Benadryl helped as well as lots of water..I'm on day 1 clean so I can feel it starting already . It's only temporary, just all the toxins coming out of your pores.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Faith1977, thanks for your answer. Though every day is a new day and we have to put our shields up every morning I can easily tell you that day one is the hardest day, especially the first part of the day if you are like me an all day drinker. Good luck!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
That's odd--I have been itching like crazy, too. Mainly my back, chest, and stomach. I just passed 30 days sober, and the itching started two weeks ago. Maybe it's a side effect. I haven't talked to my doctor, because I never did confess to him how much I drank or smoked. Maybe you can ask the doctor for us! Try asking on the "Alcoholics" thread.
Yes the itching is normal.

I take Liv-52, and Milk Thistle (when I am not drinking) to detox and my face breaks out and I itch all over because my liver is being kicked in overdrive to rid this crap out of my system.
There good to take for any addict because you liver is not happy.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lifewillgetbet View Post
Yes the itching is normal.

I take Liv-52, and Milk Thistle (when I am not drinking) to detox and my face breaks out and I itch all over because my liver is being kicked in overdrive to rid this crap out of my system.
There good to take for any addict because you liver is not happy.
lifewillgetbet have you ever noticed red skin or like very small bumps in the parts that itched?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JCMalta View Post
lifewillgetbet have you ever noticed red skin or like very small bumps in the parts that itched?
Yes, I use to get that all around my eyes. Really bad. Looked like a rash, and would get dried out.
Go to GNC and get liver care and Milk Thistle. Gone in 3-5 days.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lifewillgetbet View Post
Yes, I use to get that all around my eyes. Really bad. Looked like a rash, and would get dried out.
Go to GNC and get liver care and Milk Thistle. Gone in 3-5 days.
unfortunately I have it all over my legs, arms and neck! the doctor diagnosed it as eczema
Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JCMalta View Post
unfortunately I have it all over my legs, arms and neck! the doctor diagnosed it as eczema
Yea that could be unrelated to drinking.