Notices

Be real...

Old 02-21-2013, 02:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Be real...

Aa or avrt doesn't apply to all, be real in your response to me. Out of all of the people with alcohol or drug problems, how can I not relate to anyone on here. I have decision problems, how am I the only one. Wtf....why is a pretend man in the sky with a giant wooden boat seem to be the answer for everyone? Don't reply trying to convince me of your 12 step program....I tried that when I was 7....fail.....
Old 02-21-2013, 02:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

AVRT is not a 12-step program. It is all about making better decisions.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Giant man in the sky with a big boat?

I think you may have some serious MISinformation about the recovery programs you mentioned and you'd be doing yourself a favor to get some accurate information on those and other options, including the option of participating here without being part of a formal recovery program. That works for a lot of folks too. Many people here on SR don't use any particular program.

You can recover without buying into any one elses agenda, real or imagined. Truly, you can.

I am in the process of learning to make good decisions for myself. I know what you are talking about there, so maybe you would be able to find yourself relating back to me as well.
I'm glad you spoke up.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Damnit...I need to do extensive research on avrt then...everyone tells me its more my style but the few things I read pushed me off...aa is definitely not for me, no harm in checkin out avrt extensively I guess
Old 02-21-2013, 03:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's many different approaches and methods of recovery around roundtwo - here's some links to some of the main players:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

You'll find both 12 step programmes and non 12 step in there, but if you read every link at least you'll have a better idea of whats available and what each stands for.

I especially recommend you visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a non 12 step approach.

It'll take a while to read everything but think of it as an investment in your future

D
Old 02-21-2013, 03:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You need to open up your mind a little about AA too. At my meetings you will hear profanity more than you hear preaching. And in 8 years, no one - not even once - has tried to tell me what to believe, asked what church I go to (I don't btw), invited me to their church, etc.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Check out the secular section....

I recommend that people look at all options. There are AA members who are aitheist, and AVRT is definately not about a god.

Just look around at options. Maybe look at a "non-program" path. If you can find a nitch that actually works for you within an existing program, that is the easyest way to get sober...If not...get creative. It's your life that is at stake.

Just dedicate yourself to finding a way to stay sober and build up to being "reasonably comfortable sober".

If you see something that seems to make since...look up other posts by the person and you may find something that can help....of course no one is inspiring in every post LOL.

People are as real as they can be here. There is an overwhelming desire to be helpful. Sometimes it doesn't come across that way cause...well...what works for someone is something they are going to feel strongly about...so grain of salt and attention to the message behind the message.

Nands