Notices

Best roommate EVER!

Old 02-21-2013, 01:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Best roommate EVER!

I have the best roommate. I told him I was needing to get clean and sober and asked for his help in accomplishing this. He was very receptive and willing to help. Tonight, he left to stay with his girlfriend for a few days. Thoughtful as he was, he threw a big party without asking and left behind a six pack of beer, half a handle of vodka, and even a loaded bong! What a great guy. So, to repay him, I poured out the beer (he's been worrying he's getting fat and it's just empty calories), poured the vodka in an old mop bucket and threw his bong in there with it to clean along with a healthy dose of liquid soap. Just figured I'd help him out as much as he's helping me.

Ugh. All sarcasm aside, I really didn't want to spend my night debating with myself if I should drink/smoke again even if no one would find out. That was incredibly taxing mentally. I'm glad he's out of the house for a few days at least. The house is now drug/alcohol free and I'd like it to stay that way until I can get the heck out of here!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

He sounds like an a$$!

Good for you for pouring it out.
Can you change your living situation?
Old 02-21-2013, 06:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, sounds like a real charmer! Good job pouring it out, who needs the temptation?? Even if no one would find out - YOU would know. And I think carrying around that secret would really weigh on you, I know it would for me.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

wow, I can say I would of been there as that roomate, which was an A-hole....... (not proud either) Might be time to immerse yourself around some more positive people if it is an option! Good job on staying strong! What a test you just got a 100% on it sounds like......maybe even some extra credit!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job ZO, that's the action that justifies your commitment! Better yet, you will be even stronger with him out of the house for a few days. There are those who talk the talk and those that walk the talk. Get yourself a new pair of shoes with all the money you will be saving!