Notices

Hello everyone!

Old 02-20-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!

Figured I'd post an introduction, as I've been lurking around the site for a couple months now. Today is my 3rd day sober in quite a while. I wouldn't really consider myself an alcoholic, although my drinking has been rampant and high volume for some time, it's just that alcohol is so easy to get a hold of. I'm more just prone to abuse any substance I can get my hands on (e.g. alcohol, drugs, prescriptions, inhalants), having an extremely addictive personality.

Quick overview:
- Unemployed (unsurprisingly)
- College student. Haven't been to class in almost a month.
- Massive amounts of debt.
- About to be evicted, which isn't that terrible really, as my roommate drinks vodka like water and frequently invites his drug dealer to stay at our house.
- Father's an alcoholic who recently went to rehab. He's currently in the 'pink cloud' phase.
- Lots of psychological problems that have been diagnosed during hospital stays, but I can't afford treatment or medication (finding a solution to this is also taking priority).

Anywho, I'm tackling these issues one at a time right now. The first thing is that I absolutely must remain sober and not drink/drug my problems away. This site is a great resource full of wonderful people. Kinda makes me look forward to the challenges ahead!

Thanks!
-Z
Old 02-20-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Z010011010

do you have a plan?

D
Old 02-20-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Z010011010. Phew! That's a long username. I think I'll just refer to you as "Z".

So Z, as Dee mentioned, what plan(s) do you have in place?

Glad you found SR. It's been invaluable to me.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee.

I have a plan to make a plan. Actually, I'm (hopefully) going up to campus tomorrow to speak with counseling services. I'm hoping they can point me in the right direction of some low cost healthcare options and give me some unbiased advice. Worst case scenario is that my mother has invited me to live with her for a bit while I get things straightened out, but she's on the east coast. Currently I'm trying to be as productive as I can while in limbo. Getting things packed to move out of this bad environment, reviewing my financial status, but mainly I'm just putting all of my energy into sobriety.

Dunno how to get out of this hole, but at least I've stopped digging.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to the family Z! You'll never regret taking charge of your life. We know you can do it. A whole new world is waiting for you.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR (((Z)))! Alcohol wasn't my downfall (crack was) but I do believe that if something is causing us bad consequences in our life, it is a problem.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-20-2013, 05:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Z!

Congrats on day 3! I had to put all my energy into sobriety at first, too..... I think it's the only way to go. The rest is just details. Good for you for taking action while you're young - you won't regret it!