Notices

Garbage and gifts

Old 02-20-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Garbage and gifts

Garbage and gifts

We all get both in life. My perspective on things determines my proportions.

Don't get me wrong. I have seen people where real tragedy befalls them more than should. And others seem to have more gifts than they are willing to share. I am not talking about the extremes. I am talking about me. An average guy who has the average life who has the average body with an average mind to cap it all off.

Drinking and drugs was my way of reaching high highs and showing me even more low lows. It's always been the flatline that made me uncomfortable.

I had many gifts that I let decompose. I tried to build a castle from garbage.... Again... Just a perspective.

My sobriety these days is very revealing. I have become a "garbage-ologist"! A doctor of the crap I have created. A doctor that is learning to dissect and repair.

What was a mad man with a perfectionist streak to make everything suck has now matured. If just a little.

I treasure my garbage and my gifts alike. Staying sober over time has been teaching me to sort it out and discover what's what. I am not quick to throw anything out as garbage. What once was can be gifts again. And an opportunity to discover new ones.