Notices

112 Days and thinking a lot.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

112 Days and thinking a lot.

Now I have been sober for a while my sons now see me. And talking to them about my drinking has really hit me how much it affected them. When your drink dependent all you think about is the next drink.
Now all I think about is family and friends and the damage I done. I must come to terms what I have done. I think this is part of my recovery.

Does anybody feel the same?

I no longer want alcohol, need alcohol or miss alcohol.

Kind Regards,

Gary.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I understand exactly where you are coming from. For me AA was the solution to clearing the wreckage of my past. If I had not done the steps I doubt I would still be sober.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

My wife and I are both sober 112 days now, with the help of AA.

I have carefully been assisted in preparing to deal with the wreckage of my past, and hope to start on that part of my recovery soon.

I have hope, because I have a plan.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Coming up on 6 months sober. Somtimes want to drink, but don't want to go back there. Last 3 days my wife and son are in the mountains skiing.....I am now home alone and will meet them there on Thursday. In my previous drinking life home alone would mean I would be drinking alot from Sunday afternoon until Wednesday.......then trying to decrease my drinking when we would meet......with puffy face, messed up eyes, hangover, sweating etc.

My wife is so pleased I have stopped and that happiness that she is experiencing is what givesme the strength to continue getting stronger with my fight agains alcoholism.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It took a while for me to clean up my wreckage...but I kept at it...a little bit at a time.
It's worth it

try not to feel guilty tho - it's a useless emotion in things like this...whats done is done...focus on today and doing the right thing, and things really will work out...

D