Notices

Day 3

Old 02-20-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

I'm starting my day 3 again this morning. Praying for strength that I know is there I just have to accept it and use it. I made day 5 last week before giving in on Friday and Sunday nights to going out and having some beers.

I found that I didn't even enjoy it through because I knew it was counter productive. All I did was spend the evening counting drinks (as if 7 beers is a normal social drinker) and went home with nothing but a headache and a stronger craving.

I'm doing better this morning. I feel better even though yesterday was spent working though a horrible headache and fog all day. In spite of that I drug myself to the gym to work out for 30 minutes still and felt good about that.

Just one day at a time and I'll come out a better person. And lots of praying I know that I can make it.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
AA member

Congratulations Kiya on day 3.

One day at a time and praying,you are doing great.

Wishing you well.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep it up! Same here. 5 days last week, 3rd day today!
Old 02-20-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, and congrats on getting right back into recovery mode. You mentioned weekends triggering you, so perhaps you might, during the week, plan a safe weekend with little or no alcohol around, or in other words, be prepared. All the best of luck to you, you do sound like you have the right attitude, just remember to get and use as much support as possible, it really does help, IMO--take care and all the best to you--rick
Old 02-20-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hope for change

I call day 5 the end of my being depressed over a binge phase, over the past year I've drank on so many day 5's cuz that's when the weekend hits and I feel like I've earned a"few" beers. And that's how it starts out....until I get a buzz and find some hard liqueur . Friday will be my first dat 5 again, and I'm pretty hopeful. Good luck