Notices

Help me!! Heroin withdrawals

Old 02-19-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help me!! Heroin withdrawals

Please someone help me. I have a baby on the way and need help i had a uear clean in january and idk why but i chose to use again and i have every day since then heroin that is (iv user) and i am trying to quit i need some words of encouragement. Do u think the withdrawals will be really bad since i harnt been using but for a little under 2 months daily... They were really bad for me when i quit before after using for 3 years straight but i was in rehab and that helped alot or i wouldnt of been able to do it. But rehabs around me have really long waiting lists. I cant wait i need to be done NOW Does anyone know if the w/ds are worse the longer you use???? please tell me it wont be as bad I just have really bad restless legs/arms ,real shaky and agitated , hot/cold sweats and insomnia. Everything else i can deal with. I just cant desl with it especially when it can be fixed in a single phone call. Please help!!! How long will they withdrawals be before ill feel a little better im ready to grown the hell up for this baby and be a good father i know i will be but i need to kick this before i lose my girlfriend and possibly my baby
Old 02-19-2013, 08:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Please help me!! Does anyone know if the withdrawals will be better than before ?? I only been using daily for little under 2 months ?? And i felt better on about the 5th day last time. And that was after using daily for 3 years. Im hoping its not gonna be as bad. Anyone kno if it has anything to do with the length of time using??
Old 02-19-2013, 08:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I never did heroin, I was a straight alkie. Were you using any other drugs, especially alcohol as well? That will make it worse, or so I've heard. Hang in there others will be along shortly.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Havingaroughtime - welcome

It's the down time of the day - please don't take the lack of replies personally.

I realise that money is probably tight but there are free or low cost clinics around - if there's one in your local area you might get some medical advice there?

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics
The 10377 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
you could also try these folks by entering your local area.
2-1-1 Call Center Search

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.

you could also try our substance abuse forum to find folks with more experience:

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 02-19-2013, 08:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello havingaroughtime...as Dee said get medical advice. I never used heroin just alcohol but I know someone who did. A long time user at it was really rough for her for awhile. She had all the symptoms you described and then some..But the good news is she did it. It can be done Ive seen it!

Please keep us posted
Old 02-19-2013, 08:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I took methadone for several years, abusing it and then got into a clinic.
Never tried heroin. clinic treated me for vicodin withdrawal. Pretty unbelievable right?

Getting off of methadone was the toughest thing i ever went thru. I've heard heroin is harder but doesn't last nearly as long as methadone withdrawal.

But if you have a baby on the way,i think you should try to get medical assistance. Ease those symptoms and keep you both comfortable.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry.

Your girlfriend is pregnant.

I would still seek medical advice. A doctor can really help.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yea i really need to get some kind of medical advice but its so hard when u dont have medical insurance. i want to get some kind if medicaid state health insurance but they say i didnt qualify which is a bunch of crap im unemployed and just got out of prison and its really hard to find a job with a felony. But jm gonna try again this time applying with my girl and woth her being pregnant hooefully well all get i know she will get it cause her bein pregnant but i need it really bad.. And no i dont have a problem with other drugs like alcohol i actually dont drink at all never have .. Its strictly heroin this time before i got clean the first time i was hooked on xanax and other pills before the heroin but this relapse has been just heroin.. So heroin daily (iv user) for past almost 2 months i just am really scared to go through w/d again like i said before i just wanna know if the w/drawals are gonna be a little better since i havent been using that long..? I kno im gonna have them cause ive already started feelin them but is it gonna be really bad
Old 02-20-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have been through methadone clinic before and that wasnt a good thing it worked for a while but i screwed it up. I just need to get through the first few days and ill be fine but ive got things to do such as probation appt.. So i cant be all dopesick i cant miss it and ive got somethin goin on all day sunday and today is wendnesday so i keep using to feel normal and not sick..... ughhhh im sick of this i just wanna get off this and start my life and prepare to be a daddy
Old 02-20-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Being dopesick sucks but the reality is that it won't kill you. I really like the feedback people have been giving regarding seeking medical advice. If you've been through the clinic you are familiar with the different types of assistance available to help through the withdrawal process. It's hard to determine the type of withdrawing because of so many different factors. I got clean through Narcotics Anonymous. Try to find out if there is that type of support in your community. Dee74 also mentioned another site area on this website that is really useful. You need to do this more for yourself and not just for the baby...but you already know that. This is possible.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Sorry you're having a rough time!

I found a free detox program. It was by no means plush, but it got me out of the house (and out of my head) those first few days.

My wife could not handle being with me through withdrawals.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Recovering Heroin addict here

I am a recovering heroin addict and was using instantaneously for 13 years...i am 29 years old and have 9 months clean continuous sobriety. I had detoxed off methadone, oxycontin, heroin, benzo's so many times i can't even count. Seriously the best remedy is a pillows, blankets, showering hot 7 times a day, yogurt to coat your stomach, fluid so when you throw up your dry hieving isn't so bad, taper a low dose of benzos over a week span just so you can sleep, LET YOUR BODY WITHDRAW in comfort. You body has to withdraw regardless of when or for how long...i recommend just making it as peaceful as possible...then hit a rehab or a sober living.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your feedback and yes im gonna try doing that. I just can never get myself to eat or drink anything but im gonna force it down and try takkin hot showers multiple times a day. I hope that helps thanks again everyone i need help and advice with this. Im fed up with this lifestyle im done!!! I really am. Im 27 yrs old and just had enough keep any ideas or advice coming!! Please.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Havingaroughtime: I wanted to reply to your post last night when I saw it but I have no personal experience with heroin so I figured I would wait until someone who knew more than me posted. However, my brother has been on and off of IV heroin since he was in his late teens (he is 31 now) and my heart really went out to you when I read your post as he has been in a very similar position twice. I also know how hard it is to find treatment here in the US with no medical insurance and not wanting to go the methadone route. I think Dee gave you some good suggestions, though and NA has also been helpful to my bro in the past. Finally wanted to second Hadleys recs on withdrawal, especially the yogurt, showers, and fluids. I know how sh**ty you feel now and the last thing you want to think about is food but really the suggestions given are good ones. They worked for my brother (especially the yogurt as it will also get your potassium and electrolytes back online again---works for us drunks too) and also the part about having to detox eventually. Get through what you have to get through and then find a safe and comfortable place and start the detox process. Don't know how long it will last as I believe everyone is different but just try to get some support through NA or another resource before or at the same time.

Good luck to you and please let us know how you are doing.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank u so much it means alot to me that there are actually people who care about people and dont judge me and think im just a piece of s*** and yea im gonna have to start this process soon i even had to quit my job because gettin clean is more important to me right now than that. I need the time to detox and not have to worry about bein all sick at work and bein all doped up around my bosses little girl. I cant do it anymore. I need time to just be sick for a few days and get thru this i talked to a rehab today and she said itll b a few weeks to few months before i can get in which is crappy cause i need help now not later. But im gonna try n get clean before that im hopeing i can do this by myself. I just need to get past the 2 day mark and i think ill b fine i just cant seem to make it to the 24 hr mark. Its soo miserable. I have sat here and cryed and cryed just asking why why do i have to be an addict and be so abnormal. Its rough!! I just wanna getbbetter and enjoy this time of pregnancy with my girl and be there for her i love her so much and dont wanna lose her. And this is gonna make me lose everything if i dont change fast. I guess ill try the yogurt thing and people told me to try the imodium ad thing for agitation part so i guess im gonna give it a shot. I have probation tomo morn which im scared about and i have to see my parole officer the next day ughhhh all this crap i hae hangn on my back all because heroin. Ive got multiple controlled substance charges and im still out here screwin up. Its crazy i need a sponsor and to start workn the steps as soon as i get clean
Old 02-21-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

How are you doing today, Havingaroughtime?
Old 02-21-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Its crazy i need a sponsor and to start workn the steps as soon as i get clean
You don't have to wait til you get clean

D