Being punished for making him leave until he's clean!

Old 02-19-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Being punished for making him leave until he's clean!

Saturday I asked my opiate addict husband to leave after I packed up his belongings. We have children and I just can NO longer continue to put up with the emotional and financial abuse and drain that come with living with an addict. I have not heard from him since that night. I have text him and asked him to contact me with no response. His mom is blaming me and keeping in as much information about his whereabouts as possible. So are"our "friends. I love him as much as the day that I married him and do not want a divorce but do not want to continue to live with him in his condition. He is no longer himself and is out of control. He is still my husband and I feel that I still have every right to know where he's at and not be punished any further (I have been punished enough!) I will not budge until he is in recovery. I am!
Old 02-19-2013, 02:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I'm sorry you are dealing with this, but it sounds like you are trying to control the situation. You can't control him or what he does or where he goes. You asked him to leave and he left, so now your focus should be on taking care of yourself and your children. He's going to do whatever he wants to do anyway.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

sounds like he has no interest in getting clean at this point.
you asked him to leave.
he did.
you may feel you have certain rights relating to him, but if he doesn't choose to grant you those rights, there's nothing you can do.
while common decency may prescribe that he let his spouse know where he is....addiction says WAHOO now she can't find me and i can tear it up without consequence!!!

you can't make him get clean. you can't even make him WANT to get clean.