Notices

Angela's Accountability Thread - Feb 19/13

Old 02-19-2013, 04:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angela's Accountability Thread - Feb 19/13

Hi everyone! I've decided I need a place to post my plan each day, and at the end of the day, check in to make sure I stuck to the plan! Ill identify possible triggers for that day and a plan to over come them.
I've been told before that the 'class of...' Threads are meant for this type of thing, but I have a hard time wading through hundreds of posts every day. Anyone who also wants to post their plan each day is welcome to! Any and all advice and encouragement is welcome!
Thank you SR!

Day 1 plan
Today I only work 1 job which means my night is 'free' which is always a trigger. After work, instead of going to the drive through and liquor store, I'm going to go to the library to apply for a couple of jobs, head to the gym to start training for a 10k(gym clothes are already packed and in the car) and then when I get home, ill cook a real dinner. Old Angela would pour a drink and watch TV or a movie while eating dinner (can you tell I'm single?) Any suggestions on things to do at home that allow me to relax but don't involve turning on the TV? I have a table I can eat my dinner at which doesn't face the TV which will help.

Thanks everyone! Posting here will def help me to think twice before deviating from this plan and I will commit to post tonight no matter what happens.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Angela, I think its a great idea to have a plan in place for practical/physical things to do instead of drink. Do you like reading? I find that very relaxing.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks peacehapyness yes I do like reading and went to the library to get some new ones. Time for some R&R
Old 02-19-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi Angela, thats great idea, to share your plan. I too realize I must have plans or this just wont work. Monday after work I went to the library, picked up some books and CDs (positive thinking types). Attended meeting after work tonight (night time now in Ireland). It was my 2nd meeting (secular) and I am finding the support really helpfull. Thurs night I have meditation class. The nights I have no plans I just get into bed early with books/lap top for SR. (as sitting in my living room is a trigger - its where I normally drink wine (lots) while watching tv). So I need to be away from that environment (living room) where I associate it with drinking! - at east for these early days. Wish you well.

Peace, how have you been doing?
Old 02-19-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

what about learning to play an instrument? what about meditation? I've started using this virtual dream machine to meditate its pretty cool. Brion Gysin
Old 02-19-2013, 05:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

the actual link to the dream machine
http://www.netliberty.net/dreamachine.html
Old 02-19-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Today was a fail I'm no sure if it was the snowy weather or what but I put in a movie and poured a drink - I'm disappointed in myself but also know it was my poor decision making that put me here. I can only hope tomorrow will be better!
On a brighter note I did take the time to clean my apartment which is a step in the right direction of cleaning up my life! Ill post a new plan tomorrow