The New Normal, Pneumonia, and a Funny Valentine

Old 02-18-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The New Normal, Pneumonia, and a Funny Valentine

You do get drama when you marry an A.

Firstly and best of all, the new Daddy visit routine seems to becoming accepted as normal, and it is working. Dad stays the night at his hotel and sees the kiddos during the day as the children like. Whoever wants to go ski, swim, eat out with Dad goes. And I just hang back and coordinate when necessary, as the little ones thankfully don't have smartphones yet. AH is no longer complaining. Although my 12-year-old is still frantically rushing about trying to get us all to please him more. Ya can't have everythin'.

So then before he got here, I went for a great 3-hour run on Sunday, finalized separation/restraining order papers with lawyer Tuesday, tried to buy a used car Wednesday, started coughing Thursday, looked at an apartment Friday, packed for the holiday Saturday, and was so sick Sunday I couldn't sit up all day.

I have pneumonia. Oops.

Feeling much better already today, though. Just want to go skiing tomorrow though.

Then get this. STBXAH leaves me a valentine in the ski bag. A Hallmark. It reads thus: 'you've seen the worst of me and bring out the best in me...I'm so lucky to have you for a wife.'

He may be addicted, but he's still a smart fellow.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Oh boy, take care of you, hope that you feel better soon.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh sweetie, please DO take care of you!! Gotta love those Hallmark moments Not really, but it's fun to think of what OUR Hallmark moments would consist of. Pretty sure MY experiences wouldn't sell a card, but then again......maybe they would sell a gazillion?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-18-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Pretty sure MY experiences wouldn't sell a card, but then again...
I actually hooted when I read that.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better, don't push too soon with pneumonia.

I have to go....I'm starting my own line of cards. LOL!
Old 02-18-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sending you lots of healing vibes.
Get well soon.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Ooh, I'm not sure how good an idea it is to go skiing with pneumonia!

But it sounds like things are going well otherwise--glad to hear it. Don't push if you feel like you need to rest.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The skiing was sooo good.

We need to keep up our morale, those of us who've been through the wringer with an A. For me, a hard workout, especially someplace beautiful like here, makes me delighted with life. I only went out in the sunny winter wonderland for a couple of hours but such joy.

My lips were grey when I dragged myself to the doc. I read that has something to do with the blood not getting enough oxygen. I think the antibiotics are starting to kick in now. Back to pink.

Thank you for the get wells!

Our hallmarks would be so ridiculous if the A's were honest for once!!! Show's ya what we've been dealing with.

And my reply Valentine today could read thus:

My eternal love, thinking of you at this peaceful moment, having just received word that we are legally separate and our once shared dream home is for I and our children alone. You are in our prayers and we hope this is as far down as you'll fall before you wake up and put yourself and your family before all else, and give up your bad thinking and booze. Each day is a new day. You've caused us such pain. We grieve for what's lost. But we move forward, alas, and you're so alone. Have the Best possible Separation-Restraining Order Day.

...or is that perhaps a bit too long?!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Haha - oh if we could be honest in V day cards to them...

My dearest love, I really cherish those first couple hours in the morning on weekends, before you get down to your business. I treasure those precious moments when you aren't doing that gawd awful laugh while your eyes are playing tug-o-war with eachother, reminding me that any conversation after that point won't be remembered. Happiness is being your first love (after the 13$ bottle of vodka.)

Happy Valentines Day Darling, may we make it though a lovely dinner out without an equally costly bar tab.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A work in progress

OMG, you guys are HYSTERICAL!

Mine, I guess, would say, "Sweetness, how I've missed your bi-annual calls to ask whether I would like you to return my Merton biography that you still have, and answering you, as I have every time you've asked the same question for the past fifteen years since my lips last touched your vodka kisses, 'Yes, please.' In view of the fact that I've kept your last name, in spite of your begging me to give it up in exchange for your agreement to sign divorce papers that you had no basis to fight, no candy or flowers are necessary."
Old 02-19-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

OMG - I need these today - keep em coming! PLEASE!