Notices

1 month and 12 days

Old 02-18-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Els

1 month and 12 days

I never knew that staying sober was goign to cost so much, but I wouldnt trade it for anything, Ive learned so much, but at the same time lost so much. but I was dreading getting the one month and heck hit the fan shortly after getting and now thatn I am past it Im petriefied to get the 2 months only for the fact I dont know what else I can lose and what more I can go though. But one thing that I have learned is I gotta trust God or my higher power because The way I was driving the bus was not good, is this the quite before the storm, cause this is normally what appened before everything happened and well... landed me here
Old 02-18-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

42 days--six weeks--three fortnights--every hour is a miracle.

Keep posting here! It works if you work it...
Old 02-18-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
els, would continued drinking have allowed you to hang on to the things you lost?

I lost many things in these last years too. I find it's easier to deal with things without also having to drag around the ball and chain of addiction too. That made the hard things in life so much harder.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

In group today we talked about the "cost" of drinking. We first had to go over $ side of it, but its so scary when you add time & life events lost & missed due to it.

But I guess all we can do is get up each morning, hope we can leave the regrets at the door & walk out into a world wondering what our higher power has in store for us today!
~peace & congrats on 42 new sober days!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Els

I dont know, To be honest they way things have gone, since I sobered up, and leaving the realationship I left caused i started realing the abuse and then being forced to move out of my town to a nother and then landing in a recovery home and then leaving cause I wasnt mentally able to handle it, but you are correct Who knows what I could lose if I still continued to drink, at least i have my life still and thats all that matters to me anyway
Old 02-18-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((Els)) - Congratulations!! I'm almost 6 years into recovery, still dealing with consequences.

On a good note, I'm the "responsible" person in my family. I've reconnected with loved ones who just wanted what is best for me.

Life isn't always easy in recovery, but I guarantee...it is WORTH it!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy