Notices

Day 8 I feel ???

Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Day 8 I feel ???

Hello all I'm new to the sober life I definitely don't miss the hangovers, the laziness, the telling of lies about my drinking, the not remembering what I did while drunk,the hurting friends and family while drunk and the list goes on.... But for the last eight days my emotions have been all over the place. For a few days all I could think about was all the bs I did and how I hurt so many people while drunk. I began to feel embarrassed and upset... Even now I'm trying to understand why I can't stop once I start I'd drink till everything was gone and there was no way to get anything else or till I passed out. I do understand though that I'm the type of problem drinker that just can't drink period... These past few days being sober certain things almost feel weird when doing them because for years almost everything I did I was drunk. Yesterday I felt I noticed that little bs was making me really mad. I feel like I have pms or something but I'm a guy.... I'm definitely serious about my sobriety I just want to know if how I've been feeling is normal...
Old 02-18-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, imhere. Welcome to SR.

Yep. Absolutely normal. Just don't use it as an excuse to drink.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

There is no "normal" to recovery. But assuming you are past physical detox, just about anything is possible. Emotional rollercoasters, fatigue, etc. Nothing wrong with talking to your doctor either...a physical and some blood work can help find out if there is any damage from your drinking or other areas of concern.

I'm on day 43 and still have emotional issues and feel "off" from time to time. But no matter what it's way better than the way you feel when you are drinkign...just remember that!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi ImHere

Feel exactly the same - now on day 9, and the world seems very strange. I'm just taking one day at a time, trying to ignore my nagging AV - especially tonight getting home from work when the 'ritual' would be a glass of wine even before my coat comes off... but had a snack instead. Am treating myself as if i'm getting over the flu or a nasty virus with kindness and kid gloves, just hope it all keeps getting better

Good Luck to you
Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Received and scottfromwi thanks for the replies I'm definitely not going to drink. Even with these weird feelings and emotions I'd rather deal with them sober than to give in and drink again. Overall I feel better each day but my moods are all whacked out
Old 02-18-2013, 09:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

SoulGroove

We seem to be going through very similar situations. But it's a fight Im dedicated to fight. I wish u the best in your fight. I'm learning to take each day 1second at a time and to make sure I find no time for alcohol.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
jkb

I am right there with you. 15 days sober and I feel very "out of it" and "meh".... just no real excitement happening in my brain. Not happy... not terribly sad just everything seems "blah". Not sure why....
Old 02-18-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

very very normal Imhere

welcome to SR

D
Old 02-18-2013, 01:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Well, from a strictly biological standpoint, think of what you have been doing to your brain. Chemically flooding it...the receptors are all effed up, waiting for the stuff to fill them that your brain stopped producing because you introduced it artificially and in obscene quantities. The brain is an amazing organ. It will find the middle again, despite all the abuse. Give it what it needs...rest, food, water, no more poison, and...time.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Well, from a strictly biological standpoint, think of what you have been doing to your brain. Chemically flooding it...the receptors are all effed up, waiting for the stuff to fill them that your brain stopped producing because you introduced it artificially and in obscene quantities. The brain is an amazing organ. It will find the middle again, despite all the abuse. Give it what it needs...rest, food, water, no more poison, and...time.
@soberlicious i never thought about it that way... its a lot i have to learn about recovery i see