Notices

Amazing

Old 02-18-2013, 08:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Amazing

I've been struggling for a while now but yesterday was a day of change and action.
I live in deepest darkest Norfolk in the UK and AA meetings are few and far between. I did go to one for a while but my lift moved counties so that went by the wayside.
Well yesterday I spoke to a friend who had a where to find and got a contact number for a meeting 15 miles from here. He said that if I could get to the meeting then if so he would give me a lift home.
I arrived early and walked around the town a bit and turned up to meeting room a little early. A few people where already there and we got talking, as you do. Well a woman I was speaking to asked where I was from and when I said she said she lived 2 miles away and would I like a lift home ! Well talk about HP putting someone in your path eh ? The meeting was great with a 7yr chip a 30yr chip and my 24hr chip being given at end.
The lady who gave me a lift goes to 2 meetings in this town and has offered to take me everytime

Just thought I'd share the great news that this program and the fellowship of other people in recovery is

Ads
Old 02-18-2013, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanx Ads, know the feeling about lack of meetings, i live in wales and i cant feesably get to more than two meetings a week here. Im lucky that there is one within walking distance, but its a struggle other than that. Like you i had a guy give me a lift to another meeting miles away but he left the fellowship and i sort of slipped away altogher too.

Glad to hear things worked out for you.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ads.. that is a great story. The people at AA really are there to help if you need it. Inside and out of meetings. And I feel like it is not that they are just trying to be do-gooders they really want to help and care because they get it!!

Just another example of seek and you shall find
Old 02-19-2013, 11:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you both

Another wake up sober. Day 4 today. Felt a little listless and bored yesterday afternoon which for me is a huge trigger. I went out for a walk on the beach, took some photos and the urge passed. It's not easy. The feelings of wanting oblivion again are strong but hopefully with time, effort and the fellowship of other members WE can succeed in making a new life for ourselves

Have a blessed day
Peace, Love and God happiness to you all

Ads