Notices

Start of day 3

Old 02-18-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Start of day 3

Hi. I made it through the weekend without a drink. I have been out of work for a while and live alone so I always have that little voice saying " no one will know" I have a broken leg that is almost healed and have to think about getting a job soon, hard to do when you drink everyday. Anyone know if the worst is over. I was sober for 1 1/2 years and went back out over the summer drinking 10-12 drinks a day. I'm not shaking to bad but feel fuzzy. Any thoughts?
Old 02-18-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by bassplayer315 View Post
Anyone know if the worst is over.
Welcome to SR. By "worst" what do you mean? The withdrawals? Or that nagging little voice in you head that says drink?

WDs should go quick.

The voice...not so quick. But a solid recovery plan will help a lot. Do you have one?
Old 02-18-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi bassplayer, i am also on day three so feel tense still. For me the edginess goes after about 5 days (depending on the size of the previous binge). I am also out of work so i know how you feel about the 'no-one' will know bit. Ive got an interview tommorrow for a job which has come about out of the blue. im glad i sobered up in time but im incredibily nervous, probably made worse by the comedown.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yes the withdraw

Hi Carl and one. I was asking about the withdraw. In all my years of drinking I never really had withdraw, after a day I was fine. This time I drank more than in the past and dont know how to deal with it. I read that days 3-7 could be the worst but not sure. I'm back to AA meeting and set a goal of 90 in 90 as a plan. Today is just not to pick up a drink and get out to a meeting and stay on this site instead of watching tv all day. Good luck with your interview one.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanx bassplayer, im still edgy hopin il do ok tommorow. Im more worried about my response to the stress of the interview after it, normally head straight to a bar after stressful situations so gotta think of a plan for the day. But like you il just concentrate on not having one for the rest of today first.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

1step, Best of luck on your interview. Just do your best and let us know how you did. Let me know how you feel. We can get through withdraw together. Good to know you are not alone.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Bass,
Seems like a lot of us are on our first week again and feeling a bit edgy. We can only get better right? I know 2 weeks into it I was feeling like a whole different person my last time but I did end up being really tired. So yes we can go through this withdraw together. I am not working at this time either so if anyone wants to meet up in chat PM me and we can chat. 1 day of not drinking is already a accomplishment! Feel better with your leg and I think everything heals much better without alcohol.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome bassplayer

Not everyone has detox problems - but if you're worried about withdrawal, or think you may be a candidate for trouble, why not see a Dr?

If you start feeling poorly and can't afford a Dr or don't have a free clinic near you, hit the ER.

D
Old 02-18-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. I have done some research on detox and know that it can be dangerous with DT's. I did taper a bit before I stopped and have a mild case of the shakes. I feel my BP is ok. I just read some posts about withdraw getting worse later on in the 1st week. I am hanging in there. I guess I'm old school when a detox was 3 days but have seen online where it could be longer. I will keep ya posted.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanx bassplayer, il let you know how i get on. Clight- your right we can only get better, with every hour that passes. All the best to you both.

The best thing about stopping is that we get our feelings back,

The worst thing about stopping is that we get our feelings back!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome bassplayer - glad you are here.

I was drinking all day the last time I quit - and after the 3rd day I began to feel better. On my 4th day I was almost a member of the human race again - but of course it takes a lot longer for the fuzzys to go away. I think you should feel semi-normal tomorrow, though.

I hope you'll keep posting and let us know how it's going.

1step - Very true about getting our feelings back.