Notices

Nutrients in early sobriety?

Old 02-18-2013, 05:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nutrients in early sobriety?

So Almost finished reading Under the Influence, and it talked a bit about vitamins and minerals. I recently have undergone a lot of a new workout routine for the fact that im a little "fluffy" hahaha. I started losing weight 1 month ago when I started to eat better, and a week ago decided that drinking isnt for me either. With that though I know their are good and bad ways to lose weight, and for me its not so much about losing weight but being healthier. I know we cannot give medical advice. I am looking more if anyone can share experiences with any vitamins and or minerals that they took that might help fill in the void of empty calories.

My diet right now is cutting down on carbs ( I mean I had a major addiction to garlic cheese bread), packing lunches to not give into the unhealthy ones provided at work, exercise about 4-5 days a week (need some days to heal) and a lot of protein in natural forms (chicken, salmon etc). Also been doing a lot of veggies of different varietyies (peppers mushrooms asparagus, avacado etc).

Thanks,
Guskasb14
Old 02-18-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Along with a multi-vitamin I am on additional supplements to address specific deficiencies likely caused by my drinking and improper nutritional intake during that time. My food intake at this point in time is basically to EAT as I did very little of that when drinking.

I am following this under the direction and advice of my doctor.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've been weight lifting and running for the past month and I have been eating a lot of Greek yogurt (chobani brand), hard boiled eggs, cheerios, and oatmeal with flax seed. I really need to increase my consumption of veggies.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi gus,,i swapped my toast for porrige oats!! with some fresh or dries friuts for swapsy of sugar.
cranberries and blueberries are fab for antioxidants and i took zinc supps to aid immune system,,hope it helps xx
x lv cleo xxx
oh and playing the guitar too xxxx lol