Notices

Short term rehab/whatever??

Old 02-17-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Short term rehab/whatever??

Do they exist? The one I went to was like at least 8 months. I can't take that time but I feel I need to go somewhere for a week or two to get the ball rolling. Be away from responsibility, computer, temptation.

I've only just started using again and nearly got taken to hospital yesterday such a mess. I'm losing it so quickly
I'm scared of what is to come

Google isn't giving me much.

I can't keep doing this.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The rehab I attended in 1989 was a 90 day program.... and not a day too long.

Then I had to commit to AA to maintain my sobriety. Rehab was just the beginning.

Getting sober was easy. Staying sober is the trick.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 02-17-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I went to a 30 rehab and it was a HUGE help!!!

It was plenty enough to get me started and i learned so much'

There was a 5 day detox first and then off i went.

Good luck
Old 02-17-2013, 06:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I went in 99 and got kicked out.

90 days or even 30
Is too long for me
Old 02-17-2013, 06:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thbaks guys. I know it's just the start and I would

Have to find online meetings after etc. I just need a kickstart or something. This slope is so slippery.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
LDT

What about an intensive out patient rehab, Midlife? Is there one close to you?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Not sure but that's. great idea. Dee, do you know?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I went to a 21 or 22-day inpatient program. It worked great for me.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you'll be hard pressed to find one under 30 days MLC, simply because anything less that that probably isnt going to do you much good.

I've never been to rehab so I'd know as much as you really via Google. I'll have a look around for any Qld help they have tho

D
Old 02-17-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hi Midlife,

Not sure of the criteria for admittance but there are detox services usually 7 days long, at least here in PA. Try googling "detox service __" (your state) .
Old 02-17-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

There was a post in Newcomers today, that had a link to an article on a book about rehab. It said that results are similar for both inpatient and outpatient care. I don't know if you'd find the article of any interest, but thought I'd mention it, as it had current information.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

If they can't help on these numbers they may know who can?

13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) is a 24/7 phone service for all Queenslanders seeking advice about their health or information about health services. For the cost of a local call, registered nurses provide health information and referral services.
in Queensland contact:
Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS) offers a 24 hour alcohol and drug information service
Qld: 1800 177 833
Counselling Online - Home
Counselling Online is a service where you can communicate with a professional counsellor about an alcohol or drug related concern, using text-interaction.

This service is free for anyone seeking help with their own alcohol and drug use, or if you are concerned about a family member, relative or friend.
Counselling Online is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, across Australia. You may choose to use this service anonymously or can register for ongoing assistance.
If you are in a crisis situation or need immediate medical assistance go to the Emergency Help section of this website or call DirectLine for 24-hour, 7-day counselling, information and referral on 1800 888 236.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Have you considered looking for a sober living facility? I went to an outpatient treatment program with a woman who had committed to a 9 month stay at one. She works, has time to visit her son & attend meetings. It's essentially like normal life except you have a curfew, are drug tested everyday and have to follow certain rules. It's goal is to teach women how to adapt to living a sober life.

May be worth considering if such services exist where you are.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I agree that 8 months is a long time to be away from your children MLC. 30 days is doable though, and gives you enough time to get some clarity and strength to move forward. Is there anything nearby? My kids came to visit me at inpatient. It was about an hour away.

I know you're scared and you're thinking of them and not being away from them, but don't let them see you like mine saw me at the end. Awful. I don't waste too much time on regrets, but I really do regret letting it get to the point it got. What my little guys saw there at the end will never leave them.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone and for the links dee.

I'm seriously not just making excuses. I can see where I am going to end up and it's not good. I don't need detox at this stage, not yet but I will soon.

Where we live is ridiculous for services, and heaps of them have closed down because of bloody Campbell (but that's another thread haha.).

I can't be away 30 days. I've just lost most of my income and my hubby has no holidays left. He can't take leave without pay/(. A week or two might be doable just to get the ball rolling.

It's early days this time but I need to catch it because I know it's only a matter of time before I'm back on Heroin or meth or whatever. It's all I ybjnk about. At the very least my eating disorder will go crazy again. Or I'll have manic suicidal episodes more and more. I frocken hate this!!!!!!!!!!

I've actually got a counselling session tomorrow. See, I'm doing something. So I'll ask there too.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I just feel like I'm suffocating. With the business being flooded and cleaning up mud and rubbish everyday plus 5 kids with all their activities and worrying my husband so much, I just can't deal with all this massive stuff that needs to come out after 20 plus years
Old 02-17-2013, 07:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm surprised by your post. In Michigan, most people doing in-patient rehab are there for only 12-14 days. This is not because it is what they want or what is best, but because it is all that the most common health insurance plans will cover. My observation is that 12-14 days is not enough time and that 30-90 days is best, but it seems that insurance companies would rather pay for repeat stays than do it right the first time.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

It's obviously different country to country. I found an awesome looking one but the want $20k for like 3 weeks. What kind of addict has that lying around??

The one I went to way back they took your social security and gave you an allowance for tobacco/toiletries etc. I don't know how that would work now that we aren't on social security. I was only 21 then.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

MLC,
Good you have a counseling appointment today. View it as an opportunity and, disclose everything, so they know how best to help you.

You have a lot on your plate with five children, flooded business etc. Sobriety will help you handle these problems, drugs / alcohol, will just make them worse.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:47 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thanks. It's tomorrow (nearly 10pm here now). Im writing a list and preparing to be totally honest. Taking my youngest child for comfort!