Notices

Hi all :)

Old 02-17-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi all :)

Hi guys,
just joined the site, hoping to gain some support and give as much back as possible.

a bit about me....
born in NZ now living in Brisbane, i have a 7 year old son from a previous relationship and a 2 year old daughter with my fiance.
I've was brought up around drinking and drugs and sort of let myself fall into that lifestyle.
I saw how people changed when they drank and did drugs, namely my father, mother and brother, all got really aggressive and later suffered from depression, and always thought i'd never end up like that. I never got physical but i definitely got emotional and aggressive.
about 5 years ago everything seemed to fall apart around me and i blamed others for it, i got really down and finally sought medical help.
After speaking to doctors and a life coach i turned to fitness and holistic measures for help, and can say i've stuck closely to those but still let myself down by occasional binge drinking and recreational drug use.

What prompted me to join SR.....
my health, my children, my fiance, my family, work and personal goals.
when i drink and lose sight of all of the above, it becomes about the drink and the feelings that come with it. On the weekend we had a friends engagement, I'd abstained from drinking for 1 month and thought i'd "earned" one drink, but couldnt stop there, i got caught up in the moment and got blind, found myself arguing with my fiance, her sister, slept on the couch then had to look after my daughter the next day with the worlds worst hangover!

I took a day off work and didnt do my planned training session - and am now hating myself for what id done AGAIN!

today is the start of new beginings.....
i re-wrote my goals, have reconciled with my fiance, planned to spend more time with them and am looking into more ways to help me with my issues.

cheers guys,
myhealth
Old 02-17-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! I'm a newbie too, in circumstances similar to yours. I think you'll find a ton of great support and resources here -- I know I already have!
Old 02-17-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome myhealth - you'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 02-17-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

awesome, cheers guys!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welcome Im a newbie here also and new to sobriety. If I've learned anything going through this. Its to NOT hate on yourself, you are human and us humans will mess up! Keep trying find your higher power, pray meditate, listen to loud music do what ever it takes to keep the demons at bay,,but most of all love yourself and forgive also. Peace and prayers to you
Old 02-17-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome myhealth! It's so great to have you join us. I'm glad you want to make this big change in your life - you'll never regret it. We know you can do it.