Notices

Is this finally working?

Old 02-17-2013, 02:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Is this finally working?

I have been reading this forum for a while now (I actually ignored it for a year after signing up). I have been taking to heart the experience of others on this sight. Most importantly, I have been putting into action the things I am learning. I am learning to celebrate sobriety rather than wallow in quitting. When I have an urge to drink, I immediately get the debate out of my head and DO what others have suggested. I had an urge to drink at lunch time for no apparent reason. It felt very unnatural. Instead of throwing in the towel, I opened up my journal and started making a list of the benefits of drinking relative to the consequences. I was actually thinking the drinking through. I was actively taking stock of my drinking. Amazingly, the urge passed and I am still sober. I am loving this!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

excellent post Jazzfish - yep you're getting it

D
Old 02-17-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great post Jazzfish!
Old 02-17-2013, 06:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I can completely relate to your post. I know when I'm romanticising a drink and I get it all out and play the scene out in my head. Crisp clear water never tastes so good after that.

Each day amazes me.

S x
Old 02-17-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

jazzfish thats amazing! I am learning to "shut the door" on the cravings. As soon as the thought hits my mind, I actively slam down new thoughts. Whether it be just thinking about a math problem, or how my basketball team played just any thought to immediately get it out, instead of "walllowing" in self pity as you so nicely put it! Keep up the good fight. Posts like yours keep me positive so thanks for sharing
Old 02-17-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's what i have been doing thinking drinking through, from the first a glass of wine would be nice to the waking up in the morning to wishing I hadnt drank. So far it work great i have 70 days sober.