Notices

I am back

Old 02-17-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am back

I am looking for some support. I have drunk beer the last 3-4 weekends and it has really been miserable. I had been sober from January 1 to early February and then screwed it all up by getting a six pack of beer after work. I just drank by myself and downed the beers quickly. I woke up the next morning feeling miserable. Same thing happened a week later.

Just this past Friday night I was at the grocery store. I was very close to buying a six pack but I said to myself that I will feel so much better tomorrow morning if I don't drink. So I didn't drink and yep I felt great Saturday morning. Saturday afternoon comes around and I quickly buy a six pack. I drink all of those quickly, buy another six pack and I don't remember going to sleep. I posted some stupid stuff and facebook but I am lucky I didn't go out.

I am not a daily drinker but a binge drinker. I've read Rational Recovery and that has been helpful but I need something more. I quit for 6 months last year and I think it was because of this site. As I drifted away from the site, I began drinking again.

I keep trying to tell myself that I can be a normal drinker. I must stop this fantasy. I just don't know what to do.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

we all want to be normal drinkers! all of us , i think, youre not alone xxx
Old 02-17-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Mainza

D
Old 02-17-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mainza View Post
I quit for 6 months last year and I think it was because of this site. As I drifted away from the site, I began drinking again.
Stick around, read daily and post often. Sounds like that could do to the trick!

Welcome back to SR.

S x