Notices

Responsibility as a trigger?

Old 02-17-2013, 12:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Responsibility as a trigger?

Has anyone else had responsibility as a trigger for drinking? I have grown increasingly averse to facing up to my responsibilities in life. While drinking offers a temporary escape, they come back worse, especially if I drop the ball and burn a bridge. This is not the best situation to be in as I am a father of two and the sole income earner.

I desperately need to make a drastic shift in my thinking, both for my sobriety and to fulfill my responsibilities in life.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yesssddd
Old 02-17-2013, 01:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I can only be responcible for those choices i have power over , there are many things in life which are outside of my control . Clearly identifying those things i do have some power over today and only focusing on those has been useful to me .
I do think about the future but only insofar as it dosn't inpinge on my joy, happiness and contentment with today .
Your children are lucky to have a thoughtful dad , be there and love them today as i'd imagine thats what they need more than anything . My parents meant the world to me when i was a child

Bestwishes, M
Old 02-17-2013, 03:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think this kind of thinking arises when you are given a lot of responsibility quickly, (like an unplanned pregnancy and such) so yeah, I get where you're coming from here. I'm the youngest of four too so I never really had any responsibilities... then at 24 wham! on my own with 2 kids, with little/no support, sometimes the pressure gets to much.
My learning curve looks like a bent zigzag haha
You know what they say jazzfish... just keep swimming