Notices

4 days and counting

Old 02-16-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 days and counting

Hi everyone, I am so happy to have found this forum, and to find out that I'm not the only one going through this hell! I am 4 days sober and counting, as of right now I am feeling a little better, and can hold food down and be some what cival with my saint of a husband. I have found out by reading that everyone is different going thru this. My drug of choice was opiates. And for the past 6 years on and off would take them 3 to 8 times a day to feel "normal" Last week I realized that I wasn't feeling anything any more and decided with the help of prayer and God that I was done. I knew i'd be sick, (I've done this before) but it was going to be worth it. The first day I nearly went down to the methadone clinic and even called my doc to ask about suboxone. But decided I didn't want to trade one drug for another even if it was through a doctor. On the 2nd day my husband drug my sick butt down to gnc and I asked the nice lady behind the counter what I should take. And she recommended a herbal supp called Lumiday, plus b12. Then I went to the drug store and stocked up on imodium and a good multi. And of course no matter how down i'm feeling I get out and exersise, even in the cold. I'm taking this one day at a time, I don't ever want to go back to my old life again. Thanks for having me
Old 02-16-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

stick with it patbrat,

Being clean & sober can be difficult but i believe it's worth the effort .

Bestwishes, M
Old 02-16-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Thanks for joining, and keep posting! I have not been through opiate withdrawal, but have "watched" people go through withdrawal with the help of SR--and posting here when things get uncomfortable seems to help.

I'm sure some others will be by soon to offer you support, so just keep posting to let us know you're okay.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome patbrat! SR meant the world to me when I was feeling so alone and desperate. Knowing we are together in this really helps.

I'm glad you've decided to reach out for a new and better life. The good news is, you never have to go through this again. It sounds like you're through the worst of it. Please keep posting and let us know how it's going.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your reply's I have sr bookmarked and easy to get to. I am thru the worst part, and hopefully the depression gets better soon...It comes and goes. But knowing you all are here is a comfort all of it's own!
Old 02-16-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome patbrat
There's a ton of support here

Check out our substance abuse forum too:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D