Notices

Irony?

Old 02-13-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Irony?

I've wanted to post today, day 4 for me today and going well, but kept deleting my words, rewriting, giving up altogether, etc. Funny that when I am in the midst of my binge or just freshly -- foggily -- out of one, my posting inhibitions are very low, permitting me to post and respond to others. When I'm back on the wagon and getting clear-headed, my shyness kicks in and I am finger-tied!

It sucks because it's when I start to feel how I feel now, that's when the 'go ahead and drink, you're fine!' thoughts sneak in and that's when I need the most support. Argh! lol I am on meds already for anxiety and social anxiety disorder. Guess it must take a bigger crowbar than that to get me out of my shell...problem is my crowbar in the past has always been alcohol. Now what?
Old 02-13-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I had the same problem this first time I quit, years ago and many shared they had the same problem.

Not being able to hide behind my "liquid courage" (alcohol) made for some awkward moments in the beginning. For me, it got lots better but it took a bit of time.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I understand how you feel and I, too have a lot of anxiety in social situations. First of all, your post today is great. Recovery is a process and one of the things I had to figure out was how to deal with that. I don't socialize as often with people I don't know well. I prefer to spend time with family and close friends, and I have learned to enjoy spending time with myself.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Crowbars?

Tools for recovery?

A fellow suggested the following tools for recovery: a white flag (for surrender) and a jackhammer (for moral cleansing).

I have a dual diagnosis also, and find the most important key to success is honesty. And the most important thing to be honest about is not drinking.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

why not join the class of February C4B?
Lots of support there...no pressure

D
Old 02-13-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm giggling here because of the thought I just had....better to have a nervous conversation on the forum than a teary-eyed conversation with my toilet again on Saturday morning. :rotfxko
Old 02-13-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

lol.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

C4B ~ can I just say that your post was perfect just the way you wrote it and if you hadn't mentioned, I would have never guessed it came from someone having anxiety or feeling shy.

POST ON C4B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!