Notices

Day 1 again

Old 02-13-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 again

Hello all,

So today is day 1 for me again. I had to move back in with my parents for now till I get on my feet. These past months have been horrible. Jail for child support then for the icing on the cake no place to go. Of course drink, drink and drink and forget about my problems. I was doing so good and failed which I have no idea why when I was feeling AMAZING without the drinking. I am so upset! I am not living on the same floor as my parents but at my age it hurts. the first floor apartment to myself but I feel horrible! I know once week 1 comes my thinking and attitude with no drinks I am already happier. But I need someone to talk to because I have no one but my mother to talk with and in my eyes she doesn't deserve it at her age. Is there another site where I can talk with someone on the phone daily? If so I am looking to talk to a man since I am a guy and had the same problem as I do with alcohol. Just want to let it all out with someone that I can get to know and have a brother I never had. Thanks for letting me vent once again.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just get back on the waggon mate and stay on it....I had many many day one's....Just keep at it..
Old 02-13-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i never could understand why i needed to take that drink, if after i knew it could kill me.
you will find a warm family here that will listen and respond to you.

Brother in arms

whiskeyman
Old 02-13-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CastAwayWolf

Client,

Have you thought about trying an AA meeting? You'd meet some guys there and they would happy to exchange some phone numbers to help you out. Give it a thought.

As far as moving in to your parents building I'd look at it this way...at least you have a safe place to sleep and rest. Put your shame behind you, at least you're out of jail and it sounds like you are in good health. A lot of us have poisoned our bodies and suffer from liver and pancreatic illness etc.

One good thing is I have found that if you don't use drugs or drinks, thinks tend to move forward and get better. It may be slow at first but at least you're moving in the right direction.

Hang in there buddy.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I can feel your pain. I'm barely making ends meat to pay my child support, which I brought on myself. I shrugged my family off to drink, and have been in denial till three days ago. I finally realized how much they mean to me and how I took their love for granted.
I too have to move in with my parents for financial reasons, but mainly for help beating the alcohol. I have failed many times before. You just have to want it bad enough..... and it's sounding like you do.
Hang in there, this is a great place to find help and support from people who have been there.

Gritz
Old 02-13-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think AA (or some other meeting based recovery group like SMART) sounds like a good option for you - lots of other people there and phone numbers can be exchanged.

You may not find a brother, but you find help and support and contact somewhere like that

I think, maybe even better than having someone to protect and look out for us, is learning to do it for ourselves

D