Notices

Hey don't leave before the Miracle

Old 02-12-2013, 09:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey don't leave before the Miracle

If I didn't find AA and walk thru those doors for the first time I would never have found the peace and serenity that God had waiting for me.........
SR Too!!

The people in AA/SR said don't leave before the miracle happens. I didn't believe in miracles till it happened to me..........

I saw the progression of this disease literally at such a fast pace it made my head spin.........

In and Out a few times

I was out there for 21 yrs this last time. The last 10 yrs. I could no longer hide that I was not the All American Mom with a good reputation but a bar drunk, a jail bird and an adulterer.........

It was so bad. My family got real tired of bailing me out of jail and visiting me at psych wards and treatment centers, hearing my empty promises.....

My son was so ashamed of me, I made an arse out of myself in front of his friends trying to be the cool mom.I embarrassed him at many a ball game cheering like a crazy person on the sidelines.......

He has walked over my passed out body many a time ...

When I came in the rooms of AA for the 5th time they said you never have to drink again. I thought oh sure......

But here was a fellowship of people who had found a solution and they seemed pretty happy and very peaceful.......
They said I would never have to be alone again. Here was a worldwide fellowship just waiting to be accessed by me.......

There are so many meetings in my area and I hit at least 7 f2f a week.I now have lots of numbers. I kept coming back waiting for that miracle....

Believe me I was restless first 80 days or so. I couldn't hear a word that was said at meetings.........
I was one of those people who kept getting up and leaving to smoke , ya know those annoying ones that disrupt the meeting..lol.......

When I came to this program I thought I was gonna die alone. I wondered if people would hug me like I had seen at meetings before.......

I was completely and utterly hopeless.........

But again I kept comin back and I finally was in so much emotional pain that I started to take suggestions........

The suggestions were working, imagine that......

I now have lots of phone numbers and I am not alone anymore. I have real friends who I laugh with and can cry with but I rarely ever cry anymore, can't even remember when I cried last but I sure do laugh a lot..........

Today when I chair a meeting I know every ones name in the room.I was blown away the first time when I realized that........

I thought wow when did that happen, how do I know all these folks.......

And the obsession did go away when I got busy working the steps with my sponsor and got involved in service work........
I'm not sure the exact date it happened but a miracle did happen .

Today I am so happy I don't have much in the way of materials, gave it all away to my drinking. But I found something you just can't put a price on..........

That is my recovery, my joy, my peace of mind, my higher power...and yes My Serenity..........

I have been given the precious gift of recovery. I owe it all to that power greater than myself whom I call God and this program and all you folks........

I stayed for the miracle, it didn't happen overnight, but it did happen and for me it was less than a yr.......

My spiritual journey will continue on as long as I keep coming back and I am sure I will witness a lot more miracles in my life as well as yours if you keep coming back........

Don't leave before the miracle happens.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey seeker,

That is a beautiful post and I needed that today! Thank you!!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not Alone

I've seen people change in the rooms of Narcotics Anonymous. I felt myself change. I went to NA for 18 months but I kept relapsing. It wasn't until I began working the steps with my sponsor and following suggestions from other members that I began to recover. It's been just over 9 months since I touched a drink, drug or done any form of gambling.

It's down to NA, SR, my higher power and my footwork.

Natom.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry , I meant deeker. Stupid phone :-)
Old 02-13-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Natom View Post
I've seen people change in the rooms of Narcotics Anonymous. I felt myself change. I went to NA for 18 months but I kept relapsing. It wasn't until I began working the steps with my sponsor and following suggestions from other members that I began to recover. It's been just over 9 months since I touched a drink, drug or done any form of gambling.

It's down to NA, SR, my higher power and my footwork.

Natom.
Yay Natom, Congratulations!! It does feel great!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

seeker

Originally Posted by Kat60 View Post
Sorry , I meant deeker. Stupid phone :-)
Aww No prob, God Bless you! I get seeker all the time. I do a lot of God seeking these days.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

:-) me too :-)
Old 02-13-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks deeker. Awesome.