Attendance at Friends and Family Meetings

Old 02-12-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Survivor

Exclamation Attendance at Friends and Family Meetings

Hi Everyone!

My name is Lily and I chair the friends and family meetings Thursday nights at 9pm EST. The meetings take place in the chat room on SoberRecovery.

For the past month we have not had a meeting because it was just me and one other person.

I am starting this thread to ask if we still want to have meetings. Is there still a need or desire to attend the Thursday evening meetings? If there is not, then I will cancel the meetings for good.

I know we first had the meetings on Wednesdays, but due to my school schedule I had to switch the day.

What are your thoughts on the Friends and Family meeting? Do people still want the meetings? Is there anything I can do as chair to increase our attendance?

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Lily
Old 02-12-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I will join it
Old 02-13-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lily, Thank you so much for chairing the F&F Meeting! You're awesome at it and I'm hoping more members will chime in. I'd hate to see it cancelled.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am new here, and read your post and would love to attend. I am just figuring this whole thing out. I think by you posting in this forum like you did may be exactly what you need to do to advertise this. Maybe a reminder each week? I dont know, like I say I am new and there is a lot to digest on this site, a lot of wonderful information, just maybe hard to find everything.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I also didn't know this existed and sounds like a fantastic tool! Being a 'newbie' on SR I am still trying to figure it all out. Please let us know if you continue the meetings so we can join in. Thank you for doing this!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

I wasn't aware. Cpunt me in . If I can on a Thursday ill be one.
Maybe routinely ever so often posting about the meetings so others who havent been on for awhile or newbies will know there are meetings. Would probably up attendance.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Why not make this a sticky?
Old 02-13-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Survivor

I do post weekly here and in the chat section when the meetings will occur, I will continue to do so. Thank you so much for all of your input!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Anyone interested, can find Meetings Posted here every week.

Chat Meetings and Chat Discussions - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 02-13-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

DefofLove

I hope your numbers improve. It surprises me the number of F&F people I meet in chat that don't know about the meeting. I send them in your direction. I am getting alot of good ideas from the stuff I read on the F&F forum . I have been sober for 6 months but am now dealing with emotions I have ignored for many years as I renegotiate my marriage to AH. I get to Opi's meetings when I can which are Saturday lunch for me. I am hopeful one day to join you but I can only do chat midweek during the day during vacation time because I can't get chat at work.
Cheers
LSC1
Old 02-13-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

chat meeting

I will try to make it also. have not been to a chat on here used to go on another site. what time is it on thursday night central time? I will try and make it.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I would like to join
Old 02-13-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

These chat meetings saved my butt many weeks when there weren't enough Al-Anon meetings to meet my desperate need for support!

I'll try to make note of the reminders and keep them bumped to the top of the list. Thanks for doing this, Def.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yes, DefofLov! I've been meaning to join in, but I keep losing track of the days! "One day at a time" doesn't lend itself very well to planning ahead. That is something I am working on...

Thank you for organizing this chat!
Fathom