Notices

overwhelmed

Old 02-12-2013, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

overwhelmed

sititng in my dad's hospital room for 8 hours waiting to see what kind of surgery can be done for his heart. Missed my last day of work at my job to be here and now need to find time to get in there to finish up what I left undone last night after I got the call my dad had another heart attack. Also needing to tell my old boss to put in my earned time for the hours i have missed but feeling like that is money I will never see which is making me extremely edgy and anxious.
Now we are facing so much uncertainty with my dad and I start a new job on Thursday. Feeling completely overwhelmed sitting here listening to my parents bicker while talking over access hollywood. FML
Old 02-12-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Continued prayers for you, your mum, and your Dad.

Remember to look after yourself too in all of this - if you're overwhelmed keep reaching out for support as much as you need to

D
Old 02-12-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

sending prayers sunshine
Like Dee said, take care of yourself
Old 02-12-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sunshine, try not to focus on all that other stuff, focus on being with your dad. If this is it, please don't let those other things cloud your moments with him.

I want you to have the best too, so while you focus on your dad, let us focus on the other things and hope they fall into place for you, as they should.

I wish everyone was lucky to work in a place like I do, this wouldn't even be a concern to you.

Hang in there girl, my thoughts and heart go with you. ~ VB
Old 02-12-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Try and get out of your mind and stay in the moment, sunshine.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am sending prayers and good thoughts for you and your family to get through this difficult time. I'm sorry that your work situation is making this harder, but try to rest and relax as much as you can.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds like a rough night - sorry to hear about this. You'll make it through!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Prayers to you and your family during this difficult time! Keep us posted ~ we are all here!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sunshine, sounds like the day from hell... These things are sent to try us, stay positive for yourself and your father. Take care
Old 02-12-2013, 07:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you all. It means so.much to me. I've never seen my dad look so scared and helpless. There isn't much to do now but wait and.pray he.stays stable enough to be eligible for the bypass surgery.its tough because my sister "e" is pointing fingers and angry with him for not taking better care of.himself as he is also an alcoholic like her and I.
I think this is really testing her sobriety and oddly, I feel ok with mine right now.
I am tired and sadbut happy I know enough to enjoy these days with him. He is only 66.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

sunshine, hope everything is going okay. Hope your dad is hanging in there too. Just wanted to say "hey" and let you know I was thinking of you.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm just checking in to say hey, as well, sunshine.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you vegibean and received. He is stable and is having a viability testdone tomorrow morning and open heart surgery scheduled for 2pm tomorrow. open heart surgery on valentines day.
I am trying so hard to be positive but every time.I think too long I break down and crumble into a sobbing mess. I spoke to him tonight and he is in good spirits. My mom is with him now.
she told me yesterday she couldn't believe he married her because she was damaged goods back then. I worry about the outcome and her mental state if things don't go well. I worry about my whole family because we come from a long line of depressed alcoholics.and then I tell myself that death is.inevitable for all of us. No one is ever ready. And then I say nonsense. He is so strong he will pull through everything perfectly. And then I cry again.
Thanks for letting me vent
Old 02-13-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are reaching out, sunshine. Thanks for keeping us updated.

You and yours are in my thoughts.