Notices

hi I am new a

Old 02-12-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi I am new a

Hello my name is sherrr107> today is my first day i am looking for people who can help me as i begin my road to recovery I am not sober yet though i am beginning a in home program to help me to reocvery from an over 30 yr addiction to opiates... I hope u can find it in ur hearts to welcome me even though i am using until my program beginss. I did try to stop on my own without an oiate replacement therapy buti became so ill i could not do it but i do hav a dr that is going to help me. I told him i dont want to do the methadone program i feel that is just giving up one drug for another. I did try methadone once on FLA. but I found myself taking way more than i needed and they let me go as high in dose as i wanted to so i took advantage of that...this time is different i want more than anythig to beat this.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome sherri. It's wonderful to have you here. Many of us were still struggling with our addictions when we first started posting. We're glad you've reached out for help. (There are also Drug Addiction forums here too - if you want to take a look.)

You most definitely are welcome here. Many will understand and relate to your specific problem. (I only have experience with alcohol.) Please stay with us and keep posting.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sherri107 View Post
Hello my name is sherrr107> today is my first day i am looking for people who can help me as i begin my road to recovery I am not sober yet though i am beginning a in home program to help me to reocvery from an over 30 yr addiction to opiates... I hope u can find it in ur hearts to welcome me even though i am using until my program beginss. I did try to stop on my own without an oiate replacement therapy buti became so ill i could not do it but i do hav a dr that is going to help me. I told him i dont want to do the methadone program i feel that is just giving up one drug for another. I did try methadone once on FLA. but I found myself taking way more than i needed and they let me go as high in dose as i wanted to so i took advantage of that...this time is different i want more than anythig to beat this.
Hi Sherri.
I have had an extremely long affair with benzodiazepines.
All pluses are far outweighed by the temoporary benefits.
Over 40 years on benzos and now infrequent very low doses.
Prefer to say nil but improvement is better than where I was.
Good luck in all your efforts and keep determined.

Alcohol free day 30.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Sherri,

Welcome to SR forum, we appreciate you. Remember every journey starts with a single step, this is your first step and we are going to be with you all the way.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Sherri

D