Notices

Day 58

Old 02-12-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 58

Hi, I'm on day 58 from quitting alcohol and am having recurring issues with anxiety, confusion, and low energy. From what I've read it's PAWS. Can someone share their experience with PAWS and whether or not you feel better (and how long it took) or will this be life long.

PS: this really sucks and I wish I never touched the stuff.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 58 days. I am almost 4 months and I feel much better than I did at 90.I was a heavy daily drinker and I am older. It really kicked my butt. I will never go back to drinking again. I am not having the anxiety as much. Almost never these days. I wondered if I would ever feel ok again. I do and you will too.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks escapist, sometimes I have to tell myself that I'll be OK over and over again. I have no desire to drink, in fact the thought makes me sick. I want to feel normal without getting medicated for anxiety or depression. It's good to hear that you're feeling better, it reassures me that I'll be OK too. These are the slowest and worst days of my life. Thanks again.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Might be a little early for PAWS. Sounds like you are still going through early recovery.

If your anxiety and depression continues, though, you might see a doctor about it. Untreated depression will just hamper your recovery if it is serious.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There's a PAWS thread somewhere...

I had a lot of problems with low energy, and I'm afraid I still do after nearly a year. I don't think it will be life long though. I spoke with my doctor who said he wasn't surprised I felt the way I do, even after all this time. Overcoming a hurdle like this can take a lot out of you. I am getting counselling and will check in with my doctor every few months. All you can do is wait it out and see if there's anything that will make you feel better x