Notices

Challenging Times - Sober Living

Old 02-11-2013, 08:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Challenging Times - Sober Living

Hey SR Folk,

It has been a while since I posted or read, so I thought I would share some of the hectic happenings of sober living and how sobriety has carried my family through. The last several months have been highly emotionally taxing. Back in December my cousin's wife moved in with us in her last trimester of pregnancy. She was delivering her child by us, for a host of reasons - all quite legitimate. Simultaneoulsy, my wife and I bought a new home in our new State, not a second too soon. Long and short of it: we moved from our rental to a new home starting January 28th. During the same day of the 28th in which the movers were packing our house, my cousin's wife went into labor. It got even more interesting as my cousin came to join his wife along with his parents and his sister. Our furniture was dropped on the 29th at the new house along with the five members of my family and the 6 people of my cousins family. Our new and unpacked home had 11 people as of that Wednesday (two days in). By Sunday, my wife and I had unpacked every box, hung every painting and mirror and all trash disposed of. A new child entered our house and I even travelled for work on two days of the same week. Not in a million years could we have pulled this off, absent God, sobriety, and my life long partner of twenty years.

My challenging days today are spent tackling the problems on my terms instead of theirs. Can't say I don't miss a glass of wine, but 15 months later I know it will kill me. Couldn't be happier in sobriety.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like an intense few months!
congratulations on your new addition your move and on your recovery

D