Help,my husband is an opiate addict!

Old 02-10-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help,my husband is an opiate addict!

My husband I have been married for 4 years and have been together for 7.We have 1 child together and 6 between the 2 of us between the ages of 22 months and 16 years old.He was an alcoholic when got together. A year later he had surgery and soon after became addicted to pain pills. Right now he takes anything from Roxys to Methadone (even together) He works full time (been temporarily laid off for a few weeks) but doesn't pay any bills. I'm a stay at home mom and do not receive any child support for the 4 children from my previous marriage. His mom enables him with money, alcohol, cigarettes and even gives him her pain pills. She is also an alcoholic and until a few weeks ago was my biggest supporter.2 weeks ago he left in the morning to visit a friend that I forbid him to hang out with because he is bad news and he didn't come home for a week. I know that he is not cheating (I've NEVER had any reason to believe he was.Checking phone, text, no one has ever told me that they have ever believed him to cheat, not even MT own mother who cannot stand him.But I have every reason to believe he was using.) He hardly answered his phone and when he did he said that it was all my fault for telling him what to do and that he wasn't even using (I knew that was a lie.)He asked to come home after a week and agreed to rehab, marriage counseling and staying away from other addicts.He has done NOTHING!!! His mother has now turned against me and is supporting his habits and talking bad about me to him.He is NEVER home (stayed at home for a couple of weeks) but is now back to being gone until bedtime again hanging out with his mom.He blames me for everything including being a thief and a liar.When I met this man he was the most honest person I knew. Now he is the biggest liar I know (over nothing sometimes.) I am active in Al-Anon and have been working on and off with a sponsor for years. Any feedback would help. Thank you!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Help, my husband is an opiate addict!

I forgot to add that he does have a legitimate reason to take (not abuse)pain pills (torn rotator cup)but still buys off the streets and he doesn't think that he has a problem. He believes that he has an alcohol problem but continues to drink because I'm having a hard time coping with the fact that he abandoned his family for a week. Always my fault!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

JZeb Welcome to SR. Glad you found us. So sorry you are going through this.

Good that you are involved with al-anon. Do you have a plan?