Notices

Well,

Old 02-10-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Huh?

Well,

due to being up with insomnia until 5am, I finally decided to start reading the BB. I had a great AA meeting yesterday, and my secretary really likes me and my "bright, female" presence (it's mostly all men).

So, I started reading the BB and couldn't put it down. Only on page 45 now, but wow, it's not what I was expecting. I don't know what I was expecting, but it's really good!
Old 02-10-2013, 12:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Hey, great! The BB is one of those things you can read over and over again, and find new bits of wisdom each time.

Just keep in mind, especially when you get to certain parts that are rather, um, dated in terms of women's roles, that it was written in 1939. So a lot has changed, but alcoholism, and alcoholics, have not. And the program of recovery is as relevant and effective as it was back then.

Enjoy!
Old 02-10-2013, 12:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Hey, great! The BB is one of those things you can read over and over again, and find new bits of wisdom each time.

I agree I have re-read many pages out of the 1st 164 & found new meaning or insight as at where I am in dealing with my recovery.