Notices

NA meetings while sober?

Old 02-10-2013, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

NA meetings while sober?

I struggled with drug addiction a few years back and since then have relapsed a few times. I have currently not taken a pill since June of last year but am wanting to attend NA meetings. Would it be silly to go even though I am currently sober? I am wanting to share my story and not ever go back to the place I was when I was on drugs. I never thought I had a real problem but the more it is pointed out to me and the more I remember that time in my life, the more I realize I have been in denial..
Old 02-10-2013, 09:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Absolutely. NA is for everyone that has struggled or is struggling. You will meet plenty of people that have been sober for years.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I know several people who were months or years sober before they got involved in AA, and I would assume NA is the same. Both programs are intended to make it possible to live sober, happily, and there is no requirement that you be in active addiction to begin.

Go for it!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ok, good! I will find a meeting this week and see how it goes! Thanks for the input.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is what it is there for! Just think by sharing your story you could be helping someone else realize there is hope. I love going to AA meetings & seeing / hearing people in all stages of their recovery. the wide eyed new ones (like me) that are trying to make sense of their own life & recovery, to the ones that have 20 yrs plus sober, and their wisdom.

I would go if I were you, it many very well be something you need in this part of your sober life!
Old 02-10-2013, 01:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~sb

it's about working the steps

the meetings are so you can find a sponsor and create a network of fellowship for support

best wishes on your continuing sober journey!