Notices

I need help

Old 02-09-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need help

Hi everyone.

I am addicted to prescription pain pills and I have no insurance. My husband is disabled and has a fixed income, therefore we can't afford to get treatment. His insurance, oddly enough, doesn't cover me(go figure). I am currently spending every last dime and more on feeding my addiction, and I desperately want to quit. But the physical and mental withdrawal is super intense due to the severity of my addiction coupled with the fact that I have high anxiety and panic attacks. I tried getting off opiates through my doctor with Suboxone but in the long run, my recovery didn't take. Personally, I believe the reason why is because I had no professional aftercare and no real rehab, just myself and I couldn't do it.

The reason I'm writing all this is because I'm hoping someone here in the group can help me find some funded programs that might be able to help me get into treatment. I've considered having my husband call the Intervention TV Show because I know they pay, but I don't want to be exploited on Tv. I just want to get help and I don't have the means.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old 02-09-2013, 06:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Can anyone in your family help you by lending you the money?
Old 02-09-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, dgbbcakes. It sounds like you are ready for help.
SR has a substance abuse forum which can be found at this link: Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Also:Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 02-09-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome DGB!

One place to start might be to call a crisis line. Those folks love to help people prevent a crisis or recover from addiction.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome dgbbcakes

I have no personal knowledge but there are a few links you can try:

The National Drug and Alcohol Treatment Referral Routing Service available at 1-800-662-HELP. This service can provide you with information about treatment programs in your local community and allow you to speak with someone about alcohol problems
there's also the National Database of Treatment Facilities:
Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator

if you enter your location, then click 'select services' you'll be able to refine the parameters of your search (like on your ability to pay etc)

I hope you can find something

D
Old 02-09-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately, no family members have the money to help me either. I will look into the links the rest of you listed. It's a starting point, if nothing else. Thanks again for your input. It means a lot.