Notices

Hello & Help

Old 02-09-2013, 03:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello & Help

Hi, I have been struggling with addictions since I was 15, I've been clean from my drug of choice for almost 7 years and boy did that drug (ice) nearly kill me. I relapsed a year ago on various different pills but would always stop. I've been using tramadol now on a weekly basis and I'm tired..... I feel like it controls me and am so over it. I feel like this last year had been getting of one type of pill then another one pops up. My life compared to how it was when I was using ICE is amazing, however I'm still taking something to change the way I feel
Old 02-09-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Billi. I'm glad you found SR.

We have a forum specific to substance abuse that can be found here: Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Of course you are more than welcome to continue to post here in the New Comers Forum as well.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome billi!

What's good is that you recognize this is a problem for you and you want to do something about it. Coming here is a great start!

We all self-medicated for one reason or another, and it's hard to break that cycle without help/support. Sometimes we need to address the underlying issues, too (I had to get help with depression once I got sober), so it might be helpful to think about that as well.

Glad you're here!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((billi)) - Welcome to SR! Like you, I abused/got addicted to various things..first alcohol, then opiates, then crack finally brought me to my knees and recovery.

The good news is, you CAN get to the point where you aren't going from one thing to another and are comfortable in life.

I do want to recommend you talk with a dr. One of the risks of coming off tramadol, from what I've read here, is seizures and this is very serious.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy