court is done

Old 02-08-2013, 02:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

court is done

Ah was charged with first dwi (its his second but they made a mistake)
They knew it too. He got lucky I guess plus his first was at 21 yrs old.
Now things are taking place fast. Interlock device. Aa. Probation officer.etc
First dwi probation and interlock for him. So in the next few days hes going to the dr to get help since he is dependant on alcohol.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

Ah and I are both new to it. So reading over paperwork figuring out whats what. How much and when.
I just hope he works the program and takes it serious but after discussion as everything happening fast in terms of probation and interlock that hell need to go to the dr something.
Me my famil his family we are all (happy) but for me its a happy/not happy feeling.
Split if you will. I guess my fear is him messing up and going to jail etc.
So on my co dependant controlling side I know Im going to just stick to myself and leave him alone in this and hopefully he makes the right decisions but atleast he did say that its gods doing kicking him in the butt to push forward. The addict in him is upset but he knows its a good thing.
He wants to get better so this is giving him the nudge he needs.
Me -I agree with that but im learning to stop worrying about this. Its allll gunna be ok lol

Anyhow just an add on to what I was saying. Oh and compared to it being a first and not a second (we are in texas so it is a bit stricter) andit being overlooked and being blessed with a first charge the penalties arent as bad as they would have been and his lawyer told him this. So they arent too bad but its not something he's use to either. So seeing how this plays out will be different.
As I said hes never had an interlock and had only been on probation for a shorter period as a teenager and never had mandated aa. Who knows maybe the whole thing rubs off on him in a positive light or it goes south. Will see. Crossing fingers
S
Old 02-08-2013, 05:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Going through similar issue here with my RAW, no interlock in NC (for first offense that I know of), but have had to read numerous forms also. We take small steps each day and work our programs.

Positive thoughts your way.